cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Expenses Per day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have requirement to limit expense per day.. For Example Max Taxi = 100 USD Per Day..

I have configure V_T706B2 with "Error message for exceeding maximum rate" of particular expense type

but i think it would only limit expense total amount not per day...Is it ?

I was also reading below SAP example:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/es/0b/d32fe48435d111950d0060b03c6b76/content.htm

Where explained same example..

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Example

A rental car receipt has 'from' date 6/24/1996 and 'to' date 6/26/1996. The difference in date is two days, although the car was rented for 3 days. The currency used is US dollars.

The price per day for the rental car is, for instance, $ 75. The total price for 3 days is then $ 225. The company, however, only reimburses employees a maximum rate of $ 100 per day.

According to the difference in dates, the maximum allowed amount is $200 for the entire receipt. If the actual price of rental, $ 225, is entered, however, the system calculates the average daily rate $ 112.50 and sends the error message that the permissable maximum value has been exceeded. In this case the system will not allow you to enter the receipt amount.

It is advisable therefore for trip expense type MTWG, to specify the value 1 in the calculation of number field. This value causes an additional day to be added to the number of days calculated from the difference in dates.

The number of days is now 3, making the average daily rate $ 75, which no longer exceeds the daily maximum rate of $ 100.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

How can i use above example...

Refreshment $500 whole trip

Expense Taxi $100 per day

As per above example, average functionality is there , how we define expense to be taken as average or lumsum ?

Your response will be highly appreciated..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muhammad Umer,

I think customizing V_T706B2 will not help. Here you only can store a max. rate per line item.

You should use user exit "by save" here you can create your own check routine and message handling.

Best regards,

Siegfried

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using portal then implement BADI - TRIP_WEB_CHECK to acheive this.

In this select data from table PTRV_SREC to find if limit is exceeded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried/hayerk,

Thanks both of you for your response and time...

@ Siegfried, with your solution , it would require Customization (BADI) , but i think standard solution is also available as per above post....

@hayerk, we are only working with R/3 (not Portal) , Could you please elaborate your proposed solution.. Is it possible without customization ?

If it can be done by only customization then what is purpose of "Define Maximum Rates and Default Values for Expense Types"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yhe IMG "Define Maximum Rates and Default Values for Expense Types"-- can be used to set limit for a single expense report.

This will not help if you want to set a annaul or per day limit.

If you are not using web then use User Exit - FITR0003- User exit: Save trip (PR01, PR04, PR05)

Here you can write a code to add the amount for your expense type for the date of the receipt and throw error message in case of error.

For ESSthis can be done in BADI- TRIP_WEB_CHECK. Show the below code to your ABAP expert

Select * from PTRV_SREC into l_ptrv_srec

where PERNR EQ EMPLOYEENUMBER

AND REC_DATE between pn_begda and pn_endda

AND ( EXP_TYPE EQ 'DFIT' OR EXP_TYPE EQ 'OFIT' ).

L_REC_AMOUNT = L_REC_AMOUNT + l_ptrv_srec-REC_AMOUNT.

endselect.

IF L_REC_AMOUNT > 100.

"Raise Error message"

ENDIF.