cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is a mix of HTTP and HTTPS available for 1 Decentral Adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

I have a scenario where I need to support both HTTP and HTTPS from a decentral adapter.

If I activate Exchange Profile param com.sap.aii.connect.secure_connections = messaging(af.sid.hostname1_decentral_adpater) I can only use HTTPS.

Is there syntax other than MESSAGING and ALL for parameter "com.sap.aii.connect.secure_connections"?

If I need a mix of both HTTP and HTTPS, would I need to deploy a second decentral adapter engine to accomplish this?

Many Thanks

Derek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not quie sure if I understand this correct.

The connection between central PI and decentral adapter engine can of course be either HTTP or HTTPS.

It is just one connection.

Or did you mean something else? For example SOAP adapter? Here you define the security features in each channel independently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

What I mean is, if I activate this parameter in the Exchange Profile:

com.sap.aii.connect.secure_connections = messaging(af.sid.hostname) where af.sid.hostname = my decentral adapter engine,

will I be able to send and recieve messages in HTTP as well from that decentral adapter engine or only in HTTPS?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Do you use PI7.11? if so,

HTTP adapter is not in the adapter engine, but in the integration engine.

so I think it is impossible to use these adapters in decentral adapter engine.

maybe PI7.3

I hear the setting has changed...sorry I'm not good at PI7.3...

Naoki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Your comment "The connection between central PI and decentral adapter engine can of course be either HTTP or HTTPS"

but can it be both at the same time once the parameter I mentioned is activated?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>but can it be both at the same time once the parameter I mentioned is activated?

I believe you can use it either HTTP or HTTPS. Not both at the same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also think so, so how do I support both HTTP and HTTPS, deploy a second Decentral Adapter engine, then have one for HTTP (hostname1)and the second one for HTTPS(hostname2)? i.e:

com.sap.aii.connect.secure_connections = messaging(af.sid.hostname2)

Thanks

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am really not clear about your request.

Could you describe the scenario more detailled?

Why do you want HTTP and HTTPS on the same connection?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Derek and I am in the same team. What we require is the following. We have an additional Advance Adapter Engine deployed in our DMZ an access point in B2B scenarios. We would like to support HTTP and HTTPs on this same AAE for use in B2B scenarios. Ideally at this stage we would like to NOT effect the communicatrion between the additional AAE and the PI Central AAE as this is currently HTTP.

Regards

Willie Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably you would be able to use SOAP adapter for the B2B communications. Here you can configure HTTPS with or without client authentication. This will affect only that channel. Have a look into this note-

Note 891877 - Message-specific configuration of HTTP-Security

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/1f/7e2441509fa831e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Francis

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Willie,

> PI Central AAE as this is currently HTTP.

My understanding is that you have already have HTTP connection, Now you want to create a new HTTPS connection for different interface, If that so,Yes you can have HTTP & HTTPS connection, once the parameter is activated.

Cheers

Agasthuri