cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrictions not working in BO Webi Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a universe on BEx query. Now on this universe when i create reports with restrictions the restrictions are not working.

For example:

If i create a BO query with restriction say Doc_Number= 108994 and display Doc_Number and Delivery_Number then:

in Doc_Number column i get 108994 but in Delivery_Number column i get all the delivery numbers from the cube. In other words all Delivery_Numbers are retrieved when i restrict data for one Doc_Number and vice versa is also true.

Can anyone help me solve this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to restrict the variable of Document number on the Key figure not in the global filter and let me know.

right click your key figure under restrict put your variable of document number.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If i remove all the filters and include any of key figures then i get correct data.

But if i remove the key figure and apply a restriction say on Delivery_Number then i get incorrect data.

I too believe that ideally this should not happen.

eg:

Doc_NumDelivery_Number

111 1010

222 1234

333 5678

Now if i include Doc_Num and Delivery_Number in query and apply filter Delivery_Number = 1010 then the output is

Doc_Num Delivery_Number

111 1010

222 1010

333 1010

Same is the case if i apply filter on Doc_Num i get all Delivery_Number.

What should be the reason behind such behaviour of the query????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please tell me the reason behind this behaviour of filters??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can you try removing all BO query filters, just pull in both Doc number and delivery number along with any Key figure, now without any restrictions, check in a table that for that doc number, the delivery numbers are coming properly, ideally what you are saying should not happen, the BO query should bring in only the required delivery number

Let me know what happens

regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes when i include any of the key figures in the output then i get the required result i.e. the filters work correctly then.

But can you please tell me the reason behind this. Ideally speaking even if i do not include the key figures i should get the correct output.