cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity requirements of planned orders in MTO environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PP-Pro's!

I would like to switch of assembly production in our company and simply work in an MTO-environment. Thus when I create a sales order, it will execute an MRP-run and create a planned order automatically.

Perfect - but the planned order does not create any capacity requirements. The general settings for the planned order seem to be ok - so if I enter it and execute scheduling, the capacities are created. Also if I execute MD50 it is working as required.

The parameters in OPU5 are looking alright to me - so any hints how I can make SAP to execute a capacity req check when the requirements from the sales orders are creating a planned order through MRP?

Any hint is highly appreciated...

Thanks+kr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

+kr,

When you run create a planned order in MRP, it doesn't do a capacity check, it just generates capacity requirements. Cap Check is different.

If scheduling the planned order manually is successful in creating capacity requirements, then you need to check two things

1. When you run MRP, ensure that for Parameter 'Scheduling" you select '2 Lead time scheduling and capacity planning'.

2. OPU5 For whatever Plant/Planning order type/production scheduler that is being created by MRP, ensure scheduling and cap requirements is checked under Detailed scheduling.

Best Regards,

DB49

Edited by: Dogboy49 on Jun 15, 2011 9:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but as we do not use assembly production, the setting "2" does not really have an effect - also as it is saying "[...]if the sales order is planned using the assembly order process:[...]" in the documentation of this capacity check flag.

Any other idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Werner,

I believe you are mistaken. It is standard for this flag (in the MRP selection screen, as I mentioned earlier, such as MD01, and not in Strategy configuration) to trigger lead time scheduling and capacity requirements creation, providing all other stars are in alignment.

You must be using an MTO strategy (such as 20). You also must have a routing, the routing must contain operations that are capacity relevant. Capacity Planning must be configured. The routing must be determined and invoked during MRP.

The help section to which you refer (T459K-VKAPA) is unrelated to MTO, it is only related to ATO (such as strategy 81) Processing. In MTO (e.g., strategy 20 or similar), that field is irrelevant. There is no planned order created at the time of sales order creation. The planned order is created later, during the MRP run. I reiterate that there is no capacity check performed during MRP. Capacity requirements are generated during MRP. The capacity check, if done at all, is done in a separate task, afterward. That task is "Capacity availability check", commonly done en masse using "Capacity Leveling".

Best Regards,

DB49