cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking of Main and Sub Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to integrate all the crystal reports (say 10 nos) into one single main report for the statutory purpose as per the client requirement. Basically client would like to view all these ten reports in single file by export them into single PDF. These sub reports are also going to work as an individual reports independently and having their own prompts. The data source for these reports is SAP BEx queries.

Please let me know best approach for integrating these reports, since user doesnu2019t want to

pass the values for duplicate prompts. Please note there are common prompts (BEx variables) across these sub reports.

I have done the PoC for linking single sub report using Xtreme data base and here are my results.

1. Create a Blank Main reports and create a Country Prompt.

2. Link the sub report with main report using this Country Prompt.

3. Link the sub report with main report prompt and edit the sub report selection formula with the main report prompt u2013 u201C{Customer.Country} = {?Pm-?Which Country?}u201D

4. While refreshing the report, it will refresh the sub report based on the main report prompt value and shows corresponding data.

5. This approach works for single report and gives the expected results and asks only single time prompt selection.

Challenges On the above approach while implementing using BEx Queries as a data source are:

u2022 We need to equate the SAP BEx characteristics to this prompt:

Ex: = {?Pm-?Which Country?}

That means we should have set of BEx queries which doesnu2019t have variables. At run time filters will be assign based on the main report crystal reports prompts. Again there could be some mandatory prompts and optional prompts and multi values etc.

Will it affect the performance of the Crystal report while you apply filters at report level instead of BEx query level?

u2022 We donu2019t want to modify the individual sub reports selection formulas and queries for linking purpose.

Please let me know youu2019re best solution approach for the above issue.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Som

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly the main issue a report running as a sub report being run as a main report.

I have a solution.

for each of the sub reports build a new main report

ie if you have

sub report 1

sub report 2

then youhave a master report that calls them

you would build

Main report 1 ( which ONLY calls sub report 1)

Answers (0)