Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special character handling in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one of the data filed like

SKIP TEST COMMENTS FROM METER READER FOR 4000734 MRo with RR ‘09’.

Target filed mapped with only ' (apostrophe).

Could anyone help me in solving this issue.

Thanks,

venu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally in the mapping it will take input field as a string. So if your input xml contains quotes then it will come in the target field.

Or

Use Userdefined functions, concate funtion to add quotes into the target field. This you can do in the mapping.

Or you can go with this options in the file adapter while picking the file. If file is a sender and you are using content conversion

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some reason it works for me. I just tried. I understood the question to be you had the text "SKIP TEST COMMENTS FROM METER READER FOR 4000734 MRo with RR ‘09’." in one of the fields in the source field and it is mapping to an apostrophe.

If that is so it works for me. I tested this using the Test tab in Message Mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for your response.

In my scenario.I have used the following steps.

1) File- content conversion.

2) Content conversion output will be Java Mapping input.

3) Java mapping program converts the structure into intermediate form.

4) In java mapping program I have applied the logic for handling special characters.to replace apostrophes with &apos.

5) here in intermediate form the target structure is not popupating with correct value for the field.

5) The intermediate form mapping to target Idoc.

Thanks,

venu.

Answers (0)