cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Area should be defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I proposed that each location (branches) of my client should be defined as an profit center (for getting trial balance at business area level).

But my client is insisting for creating location as a business area and not profit center.

But i think business area concept is obsolete in SAP ECC6.0. I believe that the SAP has stop providing support for business area.

I want to show the OSS note or some link on the basis of which i can tell that it is better to use profit center than business area.

Please help where i can get this link or OSS note

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. BA and PC used for different proposes.

BA is not assigned to any org. unit like company code or contr. area it 'crossed' them.

PC is like responsibility center wheares BA is a brunch of activity.

Eg

BA= telecommunication, and PC1- internet,PC2=mobile connection (PC's from company code =Telecom) and BA for all concern

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what about its support by SAP?

SAP will provide support / improvments if we use business area now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meenu,

I can't speak for what SAP will support/improve in the future. You can raise a message with SAP if you have doubts. ECC6 has improved functionality that reduces the need for Business area reporting, but I have never heard that SAP does not intend to support.

Use of Business Area is optional, but it is definitely supported in ECC6. And, ECC6 will be in 'standard' maintenance until end of 2015, extended maintenance until end of 2017. Will your consulting contract last longer than that?

At the end of the day, if the client wants it, and it solves his business requirements, and it is currently available, then why shouldn't you accommodate him?

Best Regards,

DB49