cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS licensing for all the PRD systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have gone thorough the blog that relates to the CPS licensing, i haven't got the clear view that how this licensing stuff works for my scenario..so kindly assist me with the below scenario...

There are 4 systems for my client like SAP R/3, SAP CRM , SAP B/W and SAP Soltion Manager, now we are planning to go for CPS Tool in order avoid the pitfalls in our batch procesing.if i want to run CPS on all the production systems i mean to say 4 production systems how many server processers are required..and agents and adopters are required, and please sensitize me in terms of Agents , adopters and Server processes like what exactly they are, and for my R/3 Production system they is 1-CI(central Instance) and 4 APP servers , and for Solman there is only 1-CI and for CRM only 1-CI and BW there is 1-CI and 1-APP server , all our systems are running on Windows server 2003 and 2008, even we are planning our CPS to be on 2008 and SQL 2008..so kindly advise me in terms of the licensing like how many adapters and how many agents and how many server processers are realy required. is it required to pay anything in order to integrate CPS with Solution Manager...Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phaneendra,

CPS has a very simple licence model. The only licensed item on the SAP price list is called a Process Server.

For each SAP instance where you want to control jobs you need a CPS Process Server. In your case: R3, CRM, BW and Solman is 4 Process Servers.

Then you need to look at any non SAP events that you want to monitor or control. Like maybe an FTP file event or some data load comming from a non SAP application. On every server where you have these non SAP events you need to configure an additional Process Server.

Every Process Server includes a license for 1 Production environment and 3 non production environments (dev, test, fail over)

For the Solution Manager Adapter you do not require a Process Server License but if you have Solution Manager events that you want to control you have to configure a Process Server.

Does this answer your question?

Let me know if you need additional support.

Regards,

Richard Lock, Redwood Software.