cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How best to update Dev from Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a project coming up and I need help in knowing how best to restore our BW development/VAL to be in sync with production, we intend to copy production into dev. I need ideas as I have to meet with basis team to figure out how best to do this without having complications down the line. Do you have any ideas or links on where I can get good information?

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks

chikpe

Message was edited by: Peter Ogwueike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Client copy is the only one soluction for this.

Regards

Dhananjay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to consider a tool such as Gamma's InfoStart or SAP's TDMS.

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of now SAP TDMS does not support BW systems. I guess client copy is a safe option but of course dowtime is involved and it depends upon data volume.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for not responding in a long while. A system copy was done, and all connections redirected to the correct sources system. This involved a lot of work and constant testing until BWD was in Sync with BWP.

Thanks

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No reply from peter on the same for a very long time..

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for not responding in a long while. A system copy was done, and all connections redirected to the correct sources system. This involved a lot of work and constant testing until BWD was in Sync with BWP.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing a product research on SAP TDMS(test data migration server) as we are planning to implement but at the same time we are looking for similar products like what other companies are offering and what other SAP companies are using, as We have heard that SAP TDMS is too costly and offers support only to ECC & R/3 .

My question, is there any product that is similar to SAP TDMS that is less in cost and offers more services to look into ECC, BW,AP0,R/3 etc,.and

secondly what other companies are using .

Please do reply.