Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to getting masagess while doing Batch Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am doing Batch Management with FIFO Method,

I am using Batch (CHARG) as a Characteristic. while doing a goods receipts i can see my batch number as well as SLED.

when i am going to Issue the Material, here i am using FIFO Method,

in MBC1 i mentioned the combination of PlantM.TypeMaterial

i already assign Selection Criteria and Sort Rule.

when i am doing Goods Issue, batch is coming Automatically.

System is behaving normally as per my Customizing, but Store person is not Following my Selection Criteria.

they are using own.

Eg:-

M.type- 201

Batch number is coming like this:

012,013,014,015,016,017( assending Order)

then they have to issue the material according to the System, but they are issuing, whatever they want like

My Question is:

How to restrict the person while doing a Goods Issue, they have to issue Material According to Selection Criteria.

if they are not using this Criteria, then system has to give a message, you have to issue material according to FIFO method.

Can any one Explain Me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182673
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue either the store management doesn't feel the need for FIFO if so then the requirement itself needs to be questioned. While program level restrictions as you have suggested is possible, but you need to really confirm whether it is required.

Coming to the technical side, to implement such a solution, you have basically validate whether the issue batch is the next batch as per FIFO and if not then throw an error. This can be done through an user-exit solution.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no userexit needed.

just activate the small box i"check batch" in OMCG next to movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Dear,

that option for getting Batch automatically while doing Goods issue. that i am getting.

my Question is how to restrict a person, when he is going to issue the material.

Suppose i have 5 Batch Number for XYZ material.

numbers like this 1,2,3,4,5

when Store Person is going to issue this Material,he is issuing 2 no batch instead of 1, but in a system when he is going to issue through MIGO with 201 Movement type, system is telling this is your Strategy.

but end user is changing that level 1 to 2 and system is accepting.

but my Query is how to restrict this.

i checked every where in SAP, Here no Standard Setting. i am feeling for this i have to go for User Exit or Functional Spects.

if i missed any where just give me a light.

Thanx:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same thing i am feeling, because i checked all Control, but i am not getting.

is there any Standard.