Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Business Area of Cost Centre

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have created a new cost centre (CCTRA) and new business area(1010) for the new cost centre. But, the cost centre was created by providing a wrong business area (e.g. 1011 instead of 1010).

Unluckly, there was invoice and journal posting posted to the cost centre.

e.g. CR vendor DR 1011 CCTRA (suppose is CR vendor DR 1010 CCTRA )

When I try to correct the business area of the cost centre, message prompted

"Field changes to field Business Area lead to complicated tests of the data involved, which may take some time. Do you really want to carry out field changes online? (no = do not carry out the change)"

Can I ask if I choose yes, is it the journal posted to the business area with the cost centre before will transfer to the correct business area with the cost centre automatically?

If no automatic transfer, what can I do?

Many Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I guess the moment you choose YES, you will get another error saying postings have been made.... In my opinio, you wont be allowed to change

Create a new cost center and pass a JV in FI Dr new cost center and Cr Old cost center.... Just a KB11N wont help as FI wont be corrected

br, Ajay M

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay ,

Thanks.

You are right, when I choose yes, Error message prompted saying that postings have been made.

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you may aware that cost centre is a master data & also Time dependent for Bus area , profit centre , company code field. (time dependency like period , year) .You can check the same through transaction code OKEG. please check the same as mostly the setting for BA is Year specific (please check in your case) .

Now in your case if you have posted the document in the current period it will not allow you to change the business area. by next period or year based on your setting it will allow you to change the business area of the said cost centre.

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh Nigudkar ,

Many thanks of your reply.

Sunny