Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about Transport all components to production enviroment

Private_Member_201320
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

I've transported to test enviroment SWCV, data objects in one request and backend adapters, distribution model in other request.

After I need to change two backend adapters in development enviroment (I changed the bapi wrappers getdetail and create). I transport the request with this modifications to test enviroment.

My doubt now is to transport to production enviroment, is it possible to transport the request about SWCV, data objects, after the backend adapters, distribution model and finally the request with the backend adapter modificated?

Or better is to include the backend adapters in the request of backend and distribution model and transport all to test enviroment again and after to production?

Thanks in advance. Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can import both requests at same time to production system. When you import both the requests at same time following happens:

1. ABAP import happens which means data will be inserted to production system from both the requests (Which means latest changes will be there).

2. After import method execution happens which means like generation.

With this there is no need to worry about of sequence of transports.

Regards,

Siva.

Private_Member_201320
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

I don't worry about the sequence transport, I really worry if I can tranport changes to the production environment of backend adapters or I would have to put it all together (the original request and modifications request) in an request and transport from development enviroment to production directly without doing the transport to test.

Thanks again. Regards.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can take any approach.

1. Either you can import both the requests to production system. (If the first request is already imported to production then you can import the second request with backend adapter changes)

2. Create a transport request from both the requests and import this to production system.

Both approaches will work.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually you dont need to create a new transport because the transports are sent in the order of creation/modification.

Even though we see that the transports are going from Development to Test and then to production environment, in reality the transports actually go from Development to production environment.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Siva.