Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loding Functional Location Long Text using LSMW Direct Input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to load Functional Location Long Text using an LSMW Standard Batch/Direct Input - Object 0001 and Method 0001.

I have the Functional Location Label in my source file, so I am trying to retrieve the internal SAP number, However, even when I put the SAP Internal Number for a Functional Location, the long text still does not load.

Anyone also have this problem loading long text for Functional Location?

Any help welcome.

Thanks,

Muna S.K Ali

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LSMW direct input for long text does not even check if a function location exists or not. it just loads into table STXH and STXL.

Why do you think it did not load? what did LSMW step 13 Start Direct Input Program tell you? did it say 0 texts loaded ?

if it gave you a number bigger than 0, then you should see your load in SE16 in table STXH

if you dont get the loaded text if you use standard display functionality for functional location, then you probably have an error in the key fields (often it is missed to load a number with leading zeros)

what values do you have for:

TDOBJECT

TDNAME

TDID

TDSPRAS

I have for example such values:

TDOBJECT IFLOT

TDNAME 007-LT1-Q10205-B10

TDID LTXT

TDSPRAS DE

7 REPLIES 7

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LSMW direct input for long text does not even check if a function location exists or not. it just loads into table STXH and STXL.

Why do you think it did not load? what did LSMW step 13 Start Direct Input Program tell you? did it say 0 texts loaded ?

if it gave you a number bigger than 0, then you should see your load in SE16 in table STXH

if you dont get the loaded text if you use standard display functionality for functional location, then you probably have an error in the key fields (often it is missed to load a number with leading zeros)

what values do you have for:

TDOBJECT

TDNAME

TDID

TDSPRAS

I have for example such values:

TDOBJECT IFLOT

TDNAME 007-LT1-Q10205-B10

TDID LTXT

TDSPRAS DE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

Thank you for getting back to me.

When I used the OBJNR for the Functional Location in the Source File the long text loads in the Functional Location- that was my error. The Direct Input shows the Long Text Successfully transferred.

However, in my source file, I have the Functional Location Label- e.g MA.TE.T, but I require the SAP Internal number for this.

TDOBJECT : IFLOT

TDNAME : MA.TE.T

TDID : LTXT

TDSPRAS: E

When i do a simple transfer move for TDNAME in the mapping rules, when i Display Convert Data- this field is blank.

So, in the Field Mapping in LSMW, for TDNAME- what ABAP Code should go here, because at the moment I have some code which selects single obnjr from iflot.

This is the code:

select single OBJNR from IFLOT into /SAPDMC/LTXTH-NAME

where TPLNR = IL02_HEADER-NAME.

These codes not retrieve the internal Functional Location number.

Any help you can give is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Muna S.K Ali

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if I understand you correctly.

I do not understand why you need theIFLOT-OBJNR go into field TDNAME.

in my system the TDNAME field is equal to the content of IFLOT- TPLNR

Just go into IL02 transaction. enter your tplnr number and choose from menu GOTO > texts.

select then the text and click the button long text

you are now in the text editor, here choose from menu GOTO > HEADER

now you can see how the key of a long text is.

Do you see there the OBJNR or the TPLNR number in field TDNAME?

When i do a simple transfer move for TDNAME in the mapping rules, when i Display Convert Data- this field is blank.

are you sure that the READ file has the full content for this field (step 10 display read data) ?

if field length is wrong defined in step 3, then the field content or just a part of it maybe may end in a different field.

(use the detail button in step 10)

select single OBJNR from IFLOT into /SAPDMC/LTXTH-NAME

where TPLNR = IL02_HEADER-NAME.

/SAPDMC/LTXTH-NAME is not correct, it should be

/SAPDMC/LTXTH-TDNAME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

Let me just clarify the whole question as I may not be explaining it properly.

I have an F.Loc called MA.TE.T. I am uploading a long text to it, using the fields in the previous posts- for the field TDNAME I have called it NAME in the source fields.

In the source file for TDNAME- I have MA.TE.T, which is IFLOT-TPLNR. So, if I pass this value as a simple transfer move to this field, in Step 11 Convert Data and Step 12, Display Convert Data, the field TDNAME is shown as MA.TE.T

So, when I do the final step 13, Start Direct Input Program, it says that the long text successfully transferred.

However, when I go to IL03 and MA.TE.T, the long text is not shown.

The program does not understand MA.TE.T in the conversion, as it only understands the OBNJR from IFLOT.

So, simply I want this OBJNR to be converted for Step 11 and Step 12 Display Converted Data should show the internal SAP number- as when I put this value in the source file for MA.TE.T in the source file, it loads the long text.

So as I only have TPLNR, how do I get this OBJNR to be coverted? I mean how do I retrieve this from IFLOT in the TDNAME field?

Hope this clarifies my questions,

Thanks for your help,

Muna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to let you know, I have solved the problem. The ABAP Code to retrieve the Floc Internal Number was wrong, so I have the code which loaded the long text;

The code is:

SELECT SINGLE TPLNR FROM IFLOS INTO /SAPDMC/LTXTH-NAME

WHERE STRNO = IL02_HEADER-NAME.

Key:

/SAPDMC/LTXTH-NAME = Converted field for TDNAME

IL02_HEADER-NAME = Source Field for TDNAME

However, I have a new issue. The long text has loaded for all the Floc.s, but I can only see them in IL02, not in IL03.

Is there a way to solve this issue so I can see the long texts in IL03.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.