cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS Job is failing with ACCESS_VOILATION error

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The BODS Job is failing at one dataflow with access voilation error. The error message is

System exception <ACCESS_VOILATION> occured. Process dump is written to <D:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Data Services\log\BODI_FULL20110615454445_6900.dmp.

Call Stack:

0001B:00B2139B, MSDB:printBinOpExpr()+0219Bytes x:\scr\dbspec\mssql.cpp line 1403

The dataflow where it is failing, we are joining 3 tables and then performing a table comparison before dumping the data into the target. When we enable RUN AS SEPERATE PROCESS in the table comparison, the job doesn't fail but hangs up there.

Kindly suggest a suitable answer in order to come out of this problem.

Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the complete version of DS ?

the problem could be with when DS is trying to build the SQL Statement for source reader or for the table Compare reader, try removing the TC and see if you still get this error

are you using Date/time/datetime column in the where clause ? remove the datetime column from the where clause and see that works, this looks like a bug to me, but I will need more details on how to reproduce this issue, if you are able to reproduce this using only source table (no TC), then what is the join condition that is causing this issue etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is just educated guesswork, with maybe a 25% chance of working, but what I'd try is reimporting all the involved tables, including the comparison table of the Table Comparison transform. Then I'd 1) delete the Table Comparison transform, 2) save the dataflow, 3) exit and restart Designer, 4) re-add the Table Comparison transform. Sometimes TC transforms just seem to get a little flaky -- they seem to keep some internal structures that don't necessarily get updated as they should. - Jeff Prenevost