SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR Validations

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide me how can i compare the meter readings of the current month in the user defined Idependent MR Validations.

Please guide me which table contains the complete MR Details (all the registers) at run time while executing the FM EXIT_SAPLEPU1_001.

Thanks and Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vashishth,

I guess configuration is in place at SAP Utilities -> tools -> System Modifications -> User-Defined Validations. In function module EXIT_SAPLEPU1_001, screen values will be passed to function module for validation in parameter X_REABLD & XT_EABLG. You can perform your validation, and if you want to set meter reading result as implausible, then you need to raise exception PLAUSI_ERROR with proper message. (MESSAGE..... RAISING PLAUSI_ERROR).

Please let us know if you need any further details.

Regards,

Avinash

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vashishth,

I guess configuration is in place at SAP Utilities -> tools -> System Modifications -> User-Defined Validations. In function module EXIT_SAPLEPU1_001, screen values will be passed to function module for validation in parameter X_REABLD & XT_EABLG. You can perform your validation, and if you want to set meter reading result as implausible, then you need to raise exception PLAUSI_ERROR with proper message. (MESSAGE..... RAISING PLAUSI_ERROR).

Please let us know if you need any further details.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply please.

But i know about the internal table XT_EABLG and structure X_REABLD which is getting updated during runtime.

But in the structure X_REABLD only one record stays at one time, where suppose if i have multiple registers in a meter and i want to set a validation by comparing multiple registers with each other. In that case what can be done?

Is there any internal table exists which contains readings of all the registers for a meter at runtime?

By the help of that internal table, i can compare the multiple registers which contains reading information of multiple registers.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to perform dependent validation, you need to use enhancement EDMLELDE where you can write your code in EXIT_SAPLEPA1_001 function module. Internal table XT_REABLD & XT_EASTI will have required values for all registers.

Do you not forget to configure them :). All the best!

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply please.

I found that while executing the FM EXIT_SAPLEPA1_001, we do not get the values in internal tables XT_REABLD & XT_EASTI .

Kindly guide what config is required to be done.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MP Vashishth on Jun 16, 2011 8:58 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to configure at SAP Utilities -> Tools -> System Modifications -> User-Defined Validations -> User-Defined Dependent Validations.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide me what config i need to do in User-Defined Dependent Validations.

Please also guide in the FM EXIT_SAPLEPU1_001, which internal table (which contains current Meter Reading Results at run time) is valid (data is available and accessible).

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Vashishth,

Following are steps:

1. Define Customer-Specific Independent Validations: You need to maintain custom validation number and description. Lets say 91.

2. Allocate Customer-Specific Validations to Function Modules: Enter the independent validation (91), with number of function module (if we have logic in function module EXIT_SAPLEPU1_001, then we need to maintain number of function module as 001. Enter the number of the subscreen to call in case a correction is required in the Screen field.

3. Allocate Customer-Specific Dependent Validations to Validation Groups: Maintain validation number 91 with appropriate validation group. (Validation group are defined at Utilities Industry -> Device Management -> Meter Reading -> Validations -> Dependent Validations -> Define Dependent Validations).

4. You need to create enhancement project in project CMOD with enhancement EDMLELDE.

As mentioned earlier, the following data is transferred to the function module:

EABLs on the screen (XT_REABLD)

Register relationships (XT_EASTI)

Correction data in the case of implausible results (Y_CORRDEPVAL)

If results are implausible, exception INDEP_IMPLAUSIBLE must be triggered.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a ton for your help.

But after making these changes the program control is not reaching to the FM EXIT_SAPLEPA1_001 while entering the Meter Readings.

Please guide what can be the problem.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MP Vashishth on Jun 16, 2011 1:23 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you have allocated validation group to installation and assigned custom validation to correct validation group.

It should work.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi,

While implementing the Dependent validation, we are facing the following error message: "Dependent validation cannot be carried out for index no. 000000000482, val.". Please guide me what can be the problem.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Vashishth,

The error was caused by one of the following reasons:

A previous dependent validation was classified as incorrect and thus locks all follow-up validations involving one of the registers.

or

One or more devices in a dependent validation were deferred or automatically blocked during an independent validation.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Vashishth,

Have we able to figure out the issue? If it is resolved, please let us know what was causing that error.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can u please provide me the function modules used for DEPENDENT AND INDEPENDENT VALIDATION of Meter Reading.

My Scenario is following :-

1. I have following data :-Device ID

Register ID

Current Meter Reading

Meter Reading date to validate the MR readings with or Without MRO .

2. Now I have to validate the above meter Reading and need to display the Status of Plausible or Implausible Meter

Reading .

For the above scenario , I have to create a function module.

So, Please provide me the function module which I can use inside my function module to validate the Mete Readings(DEPENDENT & INDEPENDENT).

Thanks.