Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BO Rampup 4.0 WEBI strange error

Dear All.

We are currently using BI 4.0 Rampup and trying to develop our application on it.

while creating an query when i add measure objects in the report it gives the Error "The DSL service return an error (WIS 00000)

if i remove the columns the report run without issue this error is not because of wrong defination of measure object in business layer because i check to change the measure objects and the error repeat with almost any combination of objects.

i have check the Query in Business Layer by adding all the measure objects and same filter and it runs without any issue, but in WEBI giving error.

if some body face this issue in WEBI 4.0 kindly please let me know.

In between i have checked when i remove some columns this error not came is this because of sub queries limitations, cause all the measures are restricted i.e. along with the where clause with diffrent parameters.

here is the complete exception.

com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException: The DSL Service returned an error

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:144)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:101)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.afterProcessing(CommonRequestHandler.java:122)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.processIt(AbstractServer.java:178)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.process(AbstractServer.java:133)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.InstanceServer.process(InstanceServer.java:93)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.services.util.ServerRequestProcessor.processServerRequest(ServerRequestProcessor.java:49)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.dataprovider.service.DataProviderServiceImpl.processDataProviderCommand(DataProviderServiceImpl.java:366)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.dataprovider.service.DataProviderServiceImpl.prepare(DataProviderServiceImpl.java:205)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.dataprovider.service.DataProviderServiceImpl.prepare(DataProviderServiceImpl.java:113)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.workflows.PrepareDataProviderTask.doIt(PrepareDataProviderTask.java:86)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.workflows.PrepareDataProviderTask.doIt(PrepareDataProviderTask.java:15)

at com.sap.webi.toolkit.ui.tasks.WebITask.doInBackground(WebITask.java:109)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:278)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:317)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.ServerException: The DSL Service returned an error

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.newServerException(CommonRequestHandler.java:237)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.createAllServerExceptions(CommonRequestHandler.java:215)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.afterProcessing(CommonRequestHandler.java:118)

... 17 more

Edited by: Syed Zeeshan Haider on Jun 15, 2011 11:47 AM

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question