cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two SNC system and one execution system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Can there be possibilty of Two snc system to co exist with one execution system ECC?

IF yes can you folks please throw some light on the same?

This situation is arising because:

the Lime table in the existing system has really grown huge and the archiving is not helping becuase there are new records that are added to the system every day which are more than the archiving records

because of this huge data the upgrade is not possible and we are planning for a new setup, now to mitigate the risk we were tryin if two SNC system can coexist with one EEC system.

Now to add to the problem is there are certain business scenarios because of which we need to put in data in lime table every day

so reduction in data input is not possible.

As the data in LIME is only stock of the customer coming every day and if we just transaction data , even if we go away with all the data is not an issue with us as customer reports his existing stock on daily basis to us.

We have even thought of truncating all the tables available in in lime objects in SARA, we are thinking of this becuase system might act erratic when we setup new system and slow try moving few customer from existing to new system. as a pilot.

Supposing if we go ahead with it ,wht could be the issues ?

Thanks for all your help and suggestions

Regards

Manas Malhotra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I really appreciate your reply but the scenario you have explained is when i have two execution system and one planning system

Two ECC and One APO or SNC system

But my case is different I have two planning system and one Execution system

Regards

Manas Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas

We did not have two SNC but we have two TM systems connected to one execution system (ERP), which has similar data communication as SNC with backend

Since we had this conditon based division of xmls, we did not face much issue with master data prefix -suffix

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manas

I've worked in a scenario where we had one ECC system connected to two SCM systems - one SCM system running APO GATP and the other SCM system running SNC.

No special considerations as far as I recall.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas

Two SNC systems can coexist together.

You need to define seperate Business System Groups,RFC settings,Logical System definition

Also you need to have seperate Identification for your master data, create your own definition in BADI

Example:If you are sending same material XXX to two SCM systems how to diferrentiate ???

Because BADi methods EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_LOC_001 & EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001

differentiate when two ERP systems are connected to one SNC system by prefix and sufix, now you need to have your own code to differentiate

Also big time care should be taken in defining the distrubution models (bd64) and even in XI/PI like

Example: we have two TM systems coexisting with one ERP, so we used conditoned based mapping

Itu2019s a condition based mapping.

1) When TransportationRequestSUITERequest/TransportationRequest/ShipToLocation/InternalID = BP1 or BP2 or BP3 u2026 the receiver is I5YCLNT100

2) When TransportationRequestSUITERequest/TransportationRequest/ShipToLocation/InternalID = BP4 or BP5u2026the Receiver is I5XCLNT100.

Also care should be taken on master data/FICO settings which both systems use in common. like using Ztypes instead of using standard one like order type, message type. It should be easy when you troubleshoot back!!!

The inbound message parameters should be taken care w.r.t business needs

Good to have a matrix mapping like what business process coexit in both systems and which doesnot and then try to see what settings need to be tailored???

Best Regards

Vinod