cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create my own categories for ChaRM (Maintain Categories)

matthias_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we want to use our own categories in the change request management. For this i found the entry in SPRO:

Customer Relationship Management

Transactions

Settings for Activities

Maintain Categories, Goals, and Priorities

Maintain Categories

Can i delete all the standard categories without an influence to other applications? After that i want to create my own categories. Or is possible to deactivate the SAP standard categories? I only want to display and use my own categories.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

matthias_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

sorry for my late answer. I was blind In the SPRO one point lower there is my solution.

Customer Relationship Management

Transactions

Settings for Activities

Maintain Categories, Goals, and Priorities

Assign Categories to Transaction Types

I don't have to delete a category and can assign exactly the categories I need in a transaction.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

is there a trick to this? I added 2 custom category entries into the table you mentioned for change document, but all of the categories still show up on my change documents, including my 2 new ones.

Jason

matthias_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

you have to set up the SPRO point "Assign Categories to Transaction Types" only with the categories you want to have in special transaction type. The other entries must be deleted. You doesn't have to delete the SAP categories, but the assigning of this categories.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

User error, I assigned it to the change document, not urgent and normal corrections. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only place I have seen the categories used was in Service Desk and in ChaRM. Since we only have a couple of fields to describe items, the default categories are an easy target. I've deleted the standard ones in the past while taking a screenshot incase I never had to add them back. I can't say with 100% certainty, but I can't imagine you would ever miss them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason is right, I really doubt if you are going to use your SolMan for Service Desk and ChaRM, that you will miss the changes you make to the categories. Its a standard field all through the system though.