cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff between Full and Delta Init With data Transfer

0 Kudos

I have enhanced the standard datasource with 2 new fields and moving to PROD,where Processchain for Delta load is daily getting loaded(without enhancements).Existing cube in Prod has 8 crores of records.

After ECC DS Transport,replicate to BW and BW objects Transport INCLUDING Datasource.

Loading options:

1.Delete data (I need historical dat for the enhanced field) from the cube,DO FULL LOAD and DELTA INIT WITHOUT DATA TRANSFER.

2.Delete Data,REPAIR FULL REQUEST without any filters,and run the existing delta process chains(delta will take care).

3.Delete Data,INIT With Data Transfer and run the existing delta process chains.

4.Run FULL IP,Delta init without data transfer and run the existing delta process chains.

Which option should I follow?is there any difference between full load and delta init with data transfer?

Thanks

TG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only difference between Full and Init with data transfer opiton is that the latter will create a delta queue in the source system for your datasource apart from pulling the entire data.

To be simple Delta will be enabled if you do Init with data transfer.

And if you need history data for the enhanced fields then you have to delete the contents for your target and then you have to do a full load.

The Best way is to perform Init without data transfer and then a Full load.

Since init with data transfer takes more time to complete and if it fails in between then you have to restart the process again.

So perform Init without data transfer and then do a Full load.

--- thanks..

0 Kudos

If I follow Init without Data transfer and Full load means sure it will corrupt the delta Queue(thats why ful repair request getting used)

I think it should be Full load and Init without data transfer and delta loads.

Anymore thoughts plsss...since I am going to perform this in PROD with crores of records.

Thanks

TG

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are in 3.5 version then you have to make use of Repair Full load.

If it is 7.0 version then you can do Full load.... and by no means Full load will corrupt your delta queue.

And which datasource you had enhanced?? LO ?? Generic ?? FI ??

--- thanks..

0 Kudos

We use BI 7.0,enhanced CRM Standard DS.So Is it ok to follow this step:1.Delet Data 2.Full load 3.Delta without Init 4.run Delta PC daily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you perform Full load and then Init without data transfer then you might end up losing records which were posted during Full load.

So the better option would be to perform Init without data transfer -> full load -> delta loads thru PC.

--- thanks...

0 Kudos

Requesting you to clarify my doubts

If you perform Full load and then Init without data transfer then you might end up losing records which were posted during Full load.

Say I did full load on June 1 9 PM(it picked up data till JUNE 1st - Posting stopped at 5PM) and Delta intilize ON June 1st 10 PM without data transfer(delta initilise),June 2nd 9PM triggered the process chain and it picked up June 2nd Data.Same set i will do for today.If we do full load it will pickup as on date record,init and delta,then how its possible for data loss.

Thanks

TG

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are sure that no posting would happen when you perform your Full load then there is nothing to worry.

you can do Full load -> initialize delta -> schedule PC for delta loads.

Say in case if there are chances of user posting some entries during the Full load, then you might lose those records which were posted duirng the full load(As per example above Full load occurs between 9pm to 10pm, if user post any data during these period then those will not be captured neither in the Full load nor in the delta load and you might end up losing those records.).

Hope it is clear for you now.

--- Thanks...

Answers (0)