cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What time evaluation schema should we use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are customizing the time evaluation.

We are doubting which schema we should use as a base to develope our own schema.

We have Clock Times, the Time Management Status in infotype 0007 is 7-Time Evaluation without payroll integration.

So, we want read the Time events from the infotype 2011 to know if the employee has worked or not, an also the absences/attendances known from the infotypes 2001 and 2002.

We will not calculate overtime in time evaluation schema.

So, after analizing the different standar schemas I do not know what schema is the most recommended to use for us, I think TM00 or TM04, but I'm not sure.

TM00

Definition

Schema TM00 is a standard schema, used to evaluate employee time data that has been recorded at time recording terminals and that specifies clock times.

Structure

Schema TM00 is based on the following requirements and objectives:

Schema TM00 forms time balances, time wage types and time quotas. It is processed using the time evaluation report RPTIME00.

Schema TM00 processes the personnel time events recorded at the terminals and the time pairs formed from these events. It also imports and processes time data that has been entered online.

When time data is processed with schema TM00, all times to be included in working time (actual times) must be recorded.

Time data must be entered as clock times and must be full-day records.

The main function of schema TM00 is to classify the actual times by comparing them with the planned working time data stipulated in the daily work schedule (planned working time start and end, core times, break times).

When calculating overtime, schema TM00 does not recognize the times before/after the start and end of planned working time as overtime if no approval has been given.

Overtime approval can be granted in individual steps. In schema TM00, you can select from the following checks:

Attendance approval entered in the Attendance Quotas infotype (2007)

Overtime approval entered in the Time Recording Information infotype (0050)

Overtime approval entered in the Time Recording Information infotype (0050)

Overtime without overtime approval

In all of the above cases, overtime is calculated only:

After the employee has worked the number of planned working hours specified in the daily work schedule

Up to the daily maximum working time

This schema contains examples for calculation of daily and weekly overtime.

TM04

Definition

Schema TM04 is a standard schema used to evaluate employee time data that is recorded as a number of hours and not using clock times.

-Structure_

Schema TM04 is based on the following requirements and objectives:

Schema TM04 forms time balances, time wage types and time quotas. It is processed using the time evaluation report RPTIME00.

The schema imports and processes time data that has been entered online. Employee working time is recorded in the Attendances infotype (2002).

You can record only exceptions to the work schedule, or all times to be included in the working time (actual times).

Clock times are not required for evaluation of time data. Attendance/absence times must be entered as hours and not as clock-in/out times, and only these hours are evaluated in pair formation. The times specified in the daily work schedule are insignificant. Only entries in hours such as planned working hours or minimum daily working time are evaluated. Checks are not performed against the maximum daily working time specified in the daily work schedule when planned working time and overtime are calculated.

When exceptions to the work schedule are entered, the planned working hours are generated according to the daily work schedule. Recorded absences and certain attendance times are deducted.

All recorded times are seen as working time when overtime is calculated. The following overtime rules apply:

Overtime begins after x number of hours per day

Overtime begins after y number of hours per week

Overtime begins after z number of consecutive workdays.

In schema TM04, you can store rules which refer to the payroll period. These payroll periods can be different for different employees, and do not have to correspond to the time evaluation period.

Can you help me?

Kind Regards,

Julian.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using an external machine integrated with sap to upload in and out time in 2011? What method are you using for quota generation ?

you can use TM04, with TMSTA 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vasehgal!

Yes, we are using external clocks where employees check the input and output time. This records are loaded in infotype 2011.

I don't understand your question: What method are you using for quota generation?

What are the options?

Kind Regards,

Julian.

raghu_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using time management status 7 TQTA schema

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to use a schema similar to TM00.

I've copied this schema to ZM00 and I have changed

CHECK PON

So, we will process all employees with status different of 0 in infotype 0007.

Kind Regards,

Julian.

Answers (0)