Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection method problem

sanjeev_das4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am uploading a inspection plan from a flat file . If there is a value in the field pmethode(inspection method) , the program is throwing an error (No batch input data for screen SAPLQPAA 1502)for Quantitave . . If I am not mentioning the method , the standard program runs without any problem and creates a inspection plan . I need to mention the inspection method mentioned in the flat file . Please guide whether any other field needs to be mentioned if we are giving inspection method in flat file or some othe rsuggestions .

Thanks

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

sanjeev_das4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have found the solution . The inspection method can either be mentioned in the MIC or it should be mentioned directly for the inspection characteristics (Without MIC)to run in background properly. If both MIC and method is mentioned then it pops up a confirmation box which is not handled in the standard program .

Thanks to all .

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you maintained Inspection method in MIC or Directly entering it in task list.???

I would suggest to mention the Inspection method in MIC first then mention the same while uploading.

Only make sure that you have entered correct version.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If without inspection method, the screen SAPLQPAA 1502 will not be popped.

If with inspection method, the screen SAPLQPAA 1502 will be popped.

This is SAP normal recording process for inspection plan.

You can check this at transaciton SHDB(transaction recorder).

I would suggest you use 'BAPI_INSPECTIONPLAN_CREATE'.

Regards

Luke

sanjeev_das4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

The data mapping is done properly and all the fields of the standard structure are used . If we do not give the method , it runs properly in background . I have put the error message 'No batch input data for screen SAPLQPAA 1502' in service marketplace and it says of applying the SAP notes 350107 . But we are in ECC and the Notes is already applied . Is there any mandatory field that needs to be given if inspection method is given in flat file ..

Thanks

Sanjeev

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

Of late I had come across the same situation, while uploading inspection plans with BDC. I assume you are also working with BDC.

Well it seems amusing, but it did solve my problem.

1. Check in QS23 whether, the MIC you are using contains an entry in field u201CInt.Char.descripu201D.

2. If yes, then remove it and try to run BDC again.

3. Also check whether in your flat file you are mentioning only plant for inspection method. I guess plant, inspection method and version have to be mentioned together.

4. Many times it happen that, while recording BDC we use certain MIC with certain control indicators. Ensure whether you are using MIC with different indicators? Based on control indicators upcoming screens change occurs.

If still the problem persists, I would advise you debug this program with good ABAP programmer.

You will be directed to exact root cause only after debugging the program.

If you are using LSMW, I am not much sure about this.

Regards,

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would focues on #3 that Anand mentions. I have seen this in many projects. Method, Plant and version need to be sepecified in all cases. Even though you only have one version, you still need to put in version 1. In many other areas of SAP the system can default in a 1 or the latest version. ButI think methods are a bi picky and you get differetn confirmation screens if you do or don't specify all three of those values.

If that doesn't work, as Aanad suggested, debug it.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something wrong with your field mapping I guess. Check the steps again, may be in sandbox first.

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are uploading the Inspn plan by LSMW, you need to map all the source-target fields correctly. Pl. check the fields as required: their sequence, field lengths etc.

Regards,

KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am not sure about your issue, but have you uploaded the inspection methods? As they are master data, you need to have them first in system before you mention them in inspection plan while uploading.

sanjeev_das4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Swarnali for replying . The inspection method is already there in the system . When I am trying to upload the batch input with the inspection method and MIC , it fails even though the same method is attched to the MIC . if I remove the inspection method and upload with only the MIC , the batch completes successfully . If I run the error batch in foreground , it sisplays the confirmation screen for inspection method and executes if enter is pressed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls check the version for the inspection method mentioned Vs version active in inspection method. Also, if column for the version for inspection method is not included, try to include the same. Your problem may get resolved by this.

Thanks

Sachin