cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME21N : account assignment mandatory for bulk material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru.

For a raw material used as bulk in production with material type ROH and quantity/value updating I need that when I create purchase order the system send an error message that account assignment is mandatory.

I know that for an NLAG or UNBW material type the system send this message.

For internal reason I need to maintain material type ROH with quantity/value updating , do you know a solution , any exit , in order to solve my problem ?

Thanks for you help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the user Exit 'MM06E005' component 'EXIT_SAPMM06E_012' Include 'ZXM06U43' you can write a code for checking the material type of that material. If it is ROH than make the Account assignment field as mandatory.

I hope it will give you a good solution to your problem. For this you need an ABAP development.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You absolutely can not both expense an item and yet keep it as part of your balance sheet. This isn't in the gift of MM. What is the purpose of the account assignment ?

Talk to your FICO colleagues, they may have a method/fudge to achieve what you want. Otherwise consider a copy of ROH that is quantity updating only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I need that this component in the bill of material must be managed with position type L and I donu2019t want to do consumption movements.

I have verified that I can create a purchase order with account assignment for this material , I need only that the system send a message for these bulk materials.

Thanks.

PollyGan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may try BAdI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST.

Thanks and regards,

Polly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by position type as L. Are you referring to item category in this case which should be L i.e subcontracting. This can be achieve by using special procurement key in MRP 2 view for a material.

Regards,

Deepak Gupta

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

> I need that this component in the bill of material must be managed with position type L and I donu2019t want to do consumption movements.

> I have verified that I can create a purchase order with account assignment for this material , I need only that the system send a message for these bulk materials.

> Thanks.

position type L means it is a inventory managed material.

why do want the material to be inventory managed and at the same time dont want to record consumption movements?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with a few exceptions you cannot manage a material with quantity and value and at the same time have an account assignment.

Can you describe your special case?