cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Number Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We would like to use the proforma invoice and actual invoice with the same numbering.

Can i use the same nos range for Proforma & Invoice...i guess its not but does it have any other alternative.

Thanks

Shri..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You can do it.

Assign the same Number Range key to both the Document Type.

But a word of caution, this is not a recommended practice & can lead to confusion in future.

Try to convince the client to have different number ranges for Proforma Invoice & Actual Invoice.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Same nos range will create problem coz the objective of creating the same nos range for proforma and invoice is that it should match while the user creates the invoice.

Simple requirement -

I have created order type - ZOR

Order related billing - ZF5 - Proforma invoice - nos range 2000 to 3000

Deliver related billing - ZLF - nos range 2000 to 3000

1st user will create the Proforma invoice wher the proforma invoice nos - 2001 will create

and then after few days user will create the Delivery for same order which shud create the same nos range 2001.

Is ther any settings wher i can map the proforma to invoice nos with same order type.

Thanks

Shri...

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shri,

Understood your requirement now.

You create a Order

Now for ZF5 (Proforma)- you want 20001

Also for ZLF (Invoice) - you want 20001

No this is not possible, because one you use 20001 for Proforma INvoice then system will issue 20002 for Invoice.

As both the document (Proforma & Invoice) have same number range keys you cannot have same number for Proforma & Invoice.

Try to convince you client to use say series 2XXXX1 for Proforma & 3XXXX1 for Invoice.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In my opinion it depends of legal requirements (tax authorities, auditing rules, and so on). Ask to your customer (CFO, or the proper member of his/her staff), its lawyer, its auditor or its tax advisor.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can do this but that is not recommended at all because when the customer get any auditing, they will not care about SAP document type rather than the document serials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use same number range there will not be any issue, to easly identify the proforma invoice it should be different, if both have same number range, some times users/customer may confuse... in our client, we use proforma starts with 9XXXXXXX and Invoice starrt with 2XXXXXXXX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your reply,

But my client generally create proforma invoice which will be order related invoice assigned in order type ZOR say nos 90000 and then after few days he will create the billing with reference to delivery for same order ZOR which will be delivery related billing.So i have both proforma and delivery related.To match the proforma and invoice client needs same nos to avoid confusion.

Thanks

Shri..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can have same number range, but did not get same number for both Proforma and Invoice, there will different number, this may lead to confusion to customer and business, check with your FI department, and try to cnvince, if they not agree then put same number range to both documents.

I just seen you update message, no, i think its no possible, you can not have 1 number 2 times for F5 and F2 invoices,

Edited by: ram ki on Jun 15, 2011 10:56 AM