cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESW: Not able to login to the SLD to create Software component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to login on to the SLD (HU6).

Getting error message upon clicking SLD in HU6:

"Application error occurred during the request procession."

Details:

"The WebApplicationException log ID is [001A4BAFB5A0006D0000D986000016D4012336D371EB373C]."

Can you please suggest on how I can create new SWC?

I am also not able to create Local SWC from ESR.

I should not club my objects with some one else' SWC.

Divyesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyesh,

I don't think you will ever have access to the SLD for the ES Workplace Systems.

I also think that many people misunderstand (or abuse for that matter) these ES Workpalce Systems & why they are made publicly available, or what functionality is available. The authorization to change anything is very limited or non-existent in most cases.

This systems are meant for evaluation purposes only. You, as an SAP customer, have the opportunity to evaluate SAP delivered Enterprise Services with consistent test data to ascertain whether it fits your requirements before adoption / or upgrade / or implementation.

It's not meant to be a Sandbox environment where changes can be made by anyone that has access.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

What should we do, as we need to showcase demo to the client on new features.

So we are planning to use ESworkplace to show the power of ESOA, but how we can start, as we need to have atleast SWCV.

Or should we use the existing SWCV, please confirm.

Divyesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyesh,

What would you like to demo to the client?

You have various options of doing this depending on what you want to showcase. The main aim of the ES Workplace is to provide customers the environment to get exposure to SAP delivered Enterprise Services (out-of-the-box - without custmoization & using test data). So when clients test it & they like what they see, it speeds up adoption / upgrades etc.

So what you have now with the ES Workplace is a fully functional backend environment (without you needing to install/upgrade anything on your side. This also means that all the SAP delivered enterprise services will be in one of the SWCV in the repository, you just need to use them as is.

One way of showcasing it would be using the SAP NWDS IDE (Eclipse based). You can then connect your local NWDS to the ES Worplace Repository & you will get a metadata listing of all the ESW repository objects in their respective SWCV's. you can then generate some Java Proxies locally on your PC, add a bit of custom Java code (if you want to), populate the mandatory fields for the enterprise service request & trigger the webservice call. You'll get some results that you can use for your demo.

You could also try a bit of webservice orchestration (calling mutilple enterprise services) to produce a result that the client wants to see.

Regards, Trevor