cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datatype Change In WebI for Employee Attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My BO Universe is based on BW BEx Query which is built on top of Cube.

0EMPLOYEE having the attribute as Annual Salary when OLAP Universe is generated the datatype is changed to "detail" even though it is a keyfigure in BW side.

Please suggest what needs to be done to fetch this as a measure in BO side. As there is a requirment for total salary to be computed.

Thanks,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check in the universe Annual Salary is coming in the class in Key Figures class or not.Key Figures usually come in the Key Figures class with sub class and measure objects.

if you object is detail then you can change in the object properties tab but ensure data type is number for that object.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The annual salary is not in keyfigure class. Even if i change it to number "#DATATYPE" problem has come.

The value is coming as for ex: 12.878,00 INR.

The sum value is not able to be calculated because of INR in the field.

Thanks,

Vijay

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Due to INR in the column value so this is not the number and it will through an error when you trying to convert as number.

Is it possible to to separate currency from the annual salary objects in the BEx query.if yes then do on the BEx level and and update the object in the universe.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The currency cannot be seperated in BEx level.

The problem is it being attribute of Employee it is seen as detail (only key).

Thanks,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extract 12.87800 from 12.878,00 INR at the webi level using a substring function. convert it to number. build a variable as sum and use it.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

The substring function works to get the number from text but when i change it to number i am getting "#error"

Thanks,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Please post the formula you have used.

Thanks,

Karthik