Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Posting error

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good Morning..

Here we are trying to post an inventory difference document through MI07. But the system is giving the following error :

"Inventory Differnce" not allowed (sys. status NoMP, object VB0011105234000045).

I dont understand what this error is ? Please guide me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please get the order release so that it will give you the status as REL and it will allow you to post the inventory difference to the same SO. Please check i think it will help you.

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Release status is already there in the SO. Status is appearing as follows: REL Cstd NoMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

in continuation with earlier reply some additional details given.

if the sales order you have created which is for MTS (make to stock nature) then it will not allow to post the inventory difference on sales order.

1. MTO - Mostly in case of Make to order scenario where sales order on which you are going to post the inventory difference become the cost object. & after settlement of sales order it transfer to CO-PA

2. MTS - In case of Make to stock scenario most of the case no cost is get booked to sales order.

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

How can I check whether the SO was created for MTS or MTO ?

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I also find in the header a status that "Everything rejected"

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is based on different type

Check the material master in MRP4 view - Individual/Coll - If it is 1 then it is individual (MTO) if it is 2 then it is collective (MTS)

it also depends on the stratagy of the material master as well as requirement class.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. Let me proceed with your inputs..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Accroding to me you are trying to post the inventory difference to sales order. Hence please check the staus of the sales order due to which it is not allowing you to post the differencial posting on sales order.

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I checked the status of the SO and found that the status is "NoMP" No make to Order Product.. How to proceed now ?