cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM not Updated in Production Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are using Production Orders for manufacturing, my user update / change in BOM on 31.05.2011 and then after Production Order created on 01.06.2011 but in PO system not pick the updated BOM, we are using ECM for any changes in BOM, my question is why system not considers new change BOM? Even changes in BOM done before creation of Production Order.

Regards

Ashfaq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BOM valid date has to match with the BASIC START DATE of the production order not the finished date.

former_member222667
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear

The system will not let the production order to explode (update ) the BOM unless you run the MRP for the concerned material .

THis is due to the fact that the production order will only read the BOM which was available at the planning run .

Solution :-

1. Please run the MRP

2. Go to Co02 -

> Read PP Master data . Make changes and release the order .

Please write us back with the result .

Regards

Ayaz A Khan

former_member1362664
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i go thru your concern I assume that this production order is created thru a planned order and that planned order may get generated before the BOM change thru MRP run please check when you run the MRP.

You can check the same after creating manual order that would pick updated BOM.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

May be some setting must be missing in ECM.OS27 nad OS54.Also check if you have rightly configured the the ECM , the changes are being ivisible in CS80.CC07. Please Check and revert back

Regards'

Bhupendra Singh

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashfaq,

1.What type of change numbers have you used for making BOM changes?is it with release key or without release key?

If its with release key means,once after making BOM changes,you have to set the release key using CC02.

2.Goto CO02 and in the top menu Functions--->read PP master data(select this once and then check whether the latest BOM is

getting picked).

3.Also check the start date of the production order and the BOM validity.

Check and revert

Regards

Mangalraj.S