cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center Error Message in Posting a Billing Document to Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am in process of testing my form enhancement for Billing Documents especially Debit Note and Credit Notes. However, when I post my Billing Documents in VF02, this status message appears:

"Field Cost Ctr is a required field for G/L account 2100 855020".

Now I already checked the configuration in FS00, VKOA and we want the cost center field filled-up in the process but automatically. Do I missed some of my configuration to maintain also the Cost Center? What transaction code should I check and maintain the Cost Center for this scenario.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dear

please check the field status group which you have assigned to perticular GL account. in perticular field status grop (OBC4)you must select cost center as a required entry. i hope it might be helpful to you.

Regards,

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the inputs. Actually It's a good point that we should not maintain the cost center value and instead a profit center for this scenario (Note that this process is a Debit Note Process). However, I still cannot see the assignment of the cost element in transaction code OKB9 as seen in the error message of the Billing Document Change VF02. How is the Action Release to Accounting getting the right G/L Account even if it is not maintained? Maybe it's in another configuration transaction code that this G/L code is maintained?

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

As you mentioned in your 1st post "we want the cost center field filled-up in the process but automatically" in reponse to that it was a suggestion that you can default cost center against your cost element in OKB9. You will have to give in Cost element yourself and the cost center which you want to be automatically picked every time when the GL (Cost element) is used. This is for you information.

Regards

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

has your cost element been set up with the right cost element category? Further check the material master has profit center maintaine for the system to derive the profit center?

Regards

Sanil

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Sanil: Yes, cost element category is "Revenue" and Profit Center for Material is already assigned. I also input the Cost Element in the G/L Account as instructed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you can attach complete error message, we can help you in this issue.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the field status of the GL Account and also the posting key in T Code OB14 and OB41. Either of the places Cost Center may be a compulsory field

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the Entire Error Message:

Field Cost Ctr is a required field for G/L account 2100 855020

Message no. F5808

Diagnosis

The value for field "Cost Ctr" in the interface to Financial Accounting is an initial value but you are required to make an entry in the field selection for G/L account "855020" in company code "2100" linked to the field selection for posting key "50".

System Response

Error

Procedure

It might be an error in the configuration of the G/L account field selection. The initial application, used to call up the interface must otherwise define a value for field "Cost Ctr". If this is the case, contact the consultant responsible for the application used to call up the interface or get in contact with SAP directly.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Please check the field status group of GL account in OBC4 and the posting key FSG in OB41. Check if KOSTL has been set as mandatory there.

Regards

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

I have already asked you to check the field status in OB14 and OB41 for Field Status Group of GL and for posting key 40 and 50

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes OB14 and OB41 works if I put the field status - cost center to not required. However, I am still asking where this G/L Account is assigned, since the configuration on Production System is the same for the OB14 and OB41 but their Account Docs are not using the same G/L Account with issues during Debit Note Creation. I checked OKB9 and it is not configured there. Do you know any configuration tcode where G/L Accounts are assigned during Acc Posting during Debit/Credit Note?

Hope this will clear some of my questions.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Check VKOA.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

You can make default cost center assignment in OKB9 against GL. Fill in Co code, GL account and cost center. It will do the job for you.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all your replies, I permanently entered the Cost Center in the Cost Element and the error is occuring. And in OBK9, I cannot find the Cost Center assigned to the company code.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Ideally, revenue should not be booked to a cost center. Instead, the system should derive the profit center from the material master and post the revenue to the Profit Center. Even after that, you want the cost center to be populated, user T Code OKB9 to define the combination of Company Code and GL Account. You can make Cost center posting based on profit center, business area or valuation area here. Foreg, if co code is 1000, gl is 500000 and Profit center is 10002, system should populate cost center as 1000025. You can make the required setting as per your Business requirement.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

In OKB9 , The first column is CoCd which is company code, give next cost element and then cost center you want to default against it. So you have to assign yourself the default cot center assignments in OKB9. KA02 can also be used for the same. This is simplest solution to your problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

One possible way is to default the cost center in the cost element.

This is possible solution if you always want to have the same cost center for this cost element.