Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when importing VIRSA CC 4.0 rules in RAR 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Has anyone encountered RAR Import error like this:

Error in table data VIRSA_CC_DETDESC

SQL:=>Insert into VIRSA_CC_DETDESC(OBJECT_TYPE, OBJECT_ID, LANG, DETAIL_DESCN) Values (?,?,?,?)

Record:: Line Number :9187 : D VIRSA_CC_DETDESC MIT BASI-0001 EN System Administration FunctionsThe B009 risk in this case is that a user could maintainBASIS system tables and perform system administration.The BASIS Team are the system administrators and need thislevel of access to effectively monitor and maintain thesystem for Client EDS. Both functions form part of theirday-to-day tasks to keep the system operational. However,for non-system administrators this is a risk and thereforemust be highlighted.The "S-AC_BASIS" role provides the BASIS Team thefundamental access they need to do their job as systemadministrators. This involves using the followingtransaction codes:SE16-Data Browser SM30-Call View Maintenance SM31-Call View Maintenance Like SM30These transactions enable users to maintain BASIS systemtables and conflict with the following transactions in thesystem administration area:SM50-Work Process Overview SM51-List of SAP Systems SM58-Asynchronous RFC Error Log SM59-RFC Destination

I checked the file numerous times and removed extra tabs and extra spaces in between, but it's still not working. I even shortened the Description thinking that it might have been too long... so I just put it the first three words "System Administration Functions", but still it's throwing an error.

I also compared the downloaded file from 4.0 against the actual record from the system, and found out that the Description is actually TRUNCATED!

Has anyone got a clue?

Please help! Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using migration script?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liezl,

You're not supposed to import CC 4.0 rules into CC 5.3 as the 5.3 ruleset is very different than 4.0 and has lot more data and transactions added since 4.0. If you have many customized rules, you'll have to recreate them in the 5.3 ruleset. But best will be to upload the latest GRC 5.3 Support Pack version on CC and the latest SP version's rules set from SAP. Then create similar files combination customized rule set for your customized rules. This way you have that separate instead of having to reload all the changes again. So, you will have 2 different ruleset to run reports on. The 'global' one from SAP and then your own company customized one with only the custom rules , etc.

Once you've initially loaded the rules and it's working correctly, any other changes you will do to the rules later on to disable certain rules or ignore them, do it directly in the GRC DEV system and apply to one backend system rules. And then use the utilities under Rules tab to import /export to other back end ECC systems to apply the same changes and generate, which will be easier.

Thanks,

Alley

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@Alley have you considered that people may be using their own rule set, or keep the rule set in 4.0 (which is only the software version, not necessary the age of the rule set!) current...?

@Liezl: I see your ID has 9 characters - isn't that limited to 8?

Frank.