cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Varchar(Max) in DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am wondering why the column of type VARCHAR(Max) is displayed as VARCHAR(0) in DS?

In the target table we have a column with type VARCHAR(Max), I know that we should use data type LONG in the query objects of the Job, but don't know why the target column in DS is displayed as type VARCHAR(0)??

It causes a problem for me, because when I use Varchar_To_Long function to load the data into this column, job failes with this error:

Target Table:D_xxx(xxxx.DBO)

Cannot convert the type from <long> (source column:IG) to <varchar(0)> (target column:IG). (BODI-1111035)

Have you ever need to load data into a VARHCAR(Max) using Data Services?

Thanks,

Tootia

Edited by: Tootia on Jun 15, 2011 4:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the version of DS 12.2 ? I think this is already fixed in some FP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the versions of what we have:

Designer: 12.2.1.2

Jobserver: 12.2.0.0

JobEngine: 12.2.0.0

Repository: 12.2.0.0000

I think the FP should be applied to the designer, but just for more clarification brought versions of the others above.

Do you know which FP has fixed this bug?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this issue is fixed in DS 12.2.2.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I'm very sad to anounce:

We have DS Version 14.2.6.994 and we either still have or again have this BODI-1111035 Error meesage.

best regards

Matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like a bug somewhere in the initial read of the DBMS's metadata, on table import, but why not just change the datatype of the imported table to what it should be? You don't need to leave it at varchar(0) -- change it to what's appropriate. Once the table's been imported, the schema is under your control. - Jeff Prenevost