cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation run after migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are migrating assets in the middle of fiscal year.

After migration , Do we need to run AFAB from period 1 or just need to run for current period?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the setting in 'Period in which depreciation was posted' part of fixed asset migration customizing. If the input is last period then depreciation run for current period. On the other hand, if the input is period 12 of prior year then depreciation run from period 01 may be required.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reponse.

Thats what my understnading as well. But I tested in Quality system, period I maintianed 05. After migration I tried to do AFAB for Period 6, Hits error says start from Period 1.

Thanks

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, it's me again.

That scenario can happen when there isn't any depreciation run in current fiscal year and usually is the case in quality system because it is not required to execute depreciation process every month.

The suggestion is to execute depreciation run from period 01 up to 05 in the test system, then do legacy asset data upload > after that perform depreciation run for current period.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John Chin

Sorry, still ambiguity. Just to conclude in Production I dont need to run depreciation for period 1 to 5. After migration I can strainway run period 6. Is that correct.

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

You are right, in production system depreciation run in your case should be executed from period 06 as normally the depreciation process is executed every month.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Answers (0)