cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sales Order Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to ask either it is neccessary to have a new division for new sales order type.

Thanks for your time.

Your fruitful answer will help me to move one step forward

Sherry.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's total depends on your business requirement.

some client use separate sales order types for each division

some use one sales order type and process materials from various division in single order

The settings for this in sales document type t-code VOV8 under tab general control CHECK DIVISION

No dialog - Means you can process various division material in one sales order

1 - Dialog - Means system will inform you that material divisions are diffrent

2 - Error - Means you can not process material from various divisions

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

Thanks for the answer. How do i maintain the Sales Area for the current divisions plus new division...shall i just copy all the division with new sales order type ? How to make it default when i create a new sales order.

Eg I have created Y109 as a new sales order. As in my business scenario we are using a text file to upload the sales order.

How is it possible for the Y109 to be assigned to the new division. How to make it default ? is that being maintain in XD01?

Thanks!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you created new division then you have to maintain sales area

IMG >> enterprise structure >> assignment >> SD >> assign division to sales organization and set up sales area

How is it possible for the Y109 to be assigned to the new division. How to make it default

Y109 is not assigned to division rather it can be assigned to sales area

IMG >> sd >> sales >> sales documents >> sales document header >> assign sales area to sales document type >> Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

Thanks for the answer, i have another question. If my MM consultant already created new material division should i create new sales division as well?

Thanks!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kusyada,

U dont need to create new sales area for new material.Just extend the same material to your new division.

Whenever you have new sales defined and if you want the material to delivery ensure to extend tat material to your defined dist channel,sales org & plant

Hi Kapil,

Text Removed

Thanks

Shri..

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Jun 16, 2011 8:53 AM Dont add any personal comments here