Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when saving IT1008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a strange issue.

I am trying to save IT1008 through PP01 for a Position. When I try to create it, the PA and PSA gets inherited from Org Unit which is fine. When I save the same, i get the error 'A record without data cannot be saved'. But when I delete the PA and reenter the same, it is getting saved.

Any idea why I am not able to save it directly soon after it inherits ?

Cheers

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Guðný
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

I know this comment comes 10 years later 🙂 But i have a question regarding Jayanti's answer.

If the PA and PSA for position are inherited from second level org unit, that is we have org unit A with PA and PSA. Under org unit A there is Org unit B that inherits the PA and PSA. In that case the values are not saved in HRP1008 but when hiring an employee for a position in org unit B the PA and PSA get inherited into P0001-WERKS and P0001-BTRTL. Also works fine.

If there is an org unit C below org unit B the PA and PSA get inherited from Org unit A. When hiring an employee to position in org unit C the system does not find the PA and the PSA - these fields are empty. Do you have a solution for this?

Best regards,

Guðný

jayantvenkata
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

the changed system behaviour in transation PP01, PO10, PQ10 regarding the representation of the inherited values of

personnel area and sub-area came into the system by note 1039375. Note 1024531 had introduced the same for company code and business area.

These corrections have been done upon a number of customer requests,who asked for a representation of inherited values similar to transaction PPOME. However please note, that this hasn't changed inheritance itsself, it has only changed the visibility of inherited values.

The changes adapted the representation of inheritance in transactionsPP01, PO10, PQ10 to the already existing representation in transaction PPOME.

Please note that inheritance of account assignment values for organizational units can't be switched off at all.

The values have always been inherited from upper orgunits.Table entry T77S0 PPOM-INHS is not relevant in this case, as it

controls inheritance only for positions, not orgunits.

The values, which are defaulted in infotype 1008, are the inherited ones from the upper orgunit. Those values are not stored in the database table HRP1008. They are only stored in the database when they are changed. It does not seem to be reasonable to save exactly those inherited values to the database, as this is redundant data. So this is the reason for the message "A record without data cannot be saved". If the values are cleared, this would mean again, that the inherited values are the valid ones.

Saving an infotype 1008 record at an orgunit only makes sense, when the values have been changed. Then the changed value is saved to the database. Otherwise the inherited value is valid.

I hope, that these explanations make the system behaviour clear.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot... That was helpful...

Cheers

Vijay