cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select a valid unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Each time I try to create an initiative the system stops responding with the error "select a valid unit" .

What is wrong with the customizing?

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you have maintained the correct units in the customizing in the path

SAP Portfolio and Project Management->Project Management->Basic Settings->Define Time Units.

If the units are correctly maintained, then while creating the initiative, in the tab capacity information, you have to select a unit, especially if you are maintaining other fields like actual work effort.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dolly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...

The problem has been solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ozlem, encountering the same issue "select a valid unit". i have configured the time units in project mgt, and the capacity and currency units in portfolio, but still getting the same issue. may i know how solve the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi B LNG

Check the default settings under Global Customising - Global Settings - Check Global Settings for AREA 0001 and name 0003. The value here (STD) should exist as a valid capacity Unit in your customising

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

Thank you for your reply. However, i still get the same issue after I have maintained STD in the customising of capacity units. I also configured the override global settings for Area 0001 and name 0003 with another default value (MON), i still get the same issue.  Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi B LNG

Are you using Initiative templates when creating the Initiative. Can you check the unit you have maintained for the template?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

I am not using any templates when creating initiative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please send additional information. Insert an image of the error message

You have checked all customising?

What happens when you create an Item, are all the units you configured available under the capacity management tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

I checked all the necessary customizing for PPM. There are no issues creating an item in the portfolio and all configured units are available for selection in the Financial and Capacity tabs. It is only in creating an initiative that's encountering an error (see attached screenshot).

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When do you receive this error message? When you try to creae the initiative or when you try to save it?

Do you display a field that it is unit or capacity unit? ( financial information view) In the case of you display it could you check the options ou see and the one that have you selected?

If you don't display this field, could you configure your initiatives to display it and chech which options are available?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello B LNG,

Suggest you check the "unit" field in the project type "0000....DFM" and ensure the value is valid. If not, select a valid type and try again to create the initiative.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm experiencing the exact same issues explained above and my screen looks the same as the screen shot shown earlier as well.

Trying to create an initiative but next screen gets stuck on all fields greyed out with error 'select valid unit'.

I dont see any further resolution comments on the post so if this was resolved, could you please advise how it was resolved?

Thanks so much, appreciated

Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have managed to resolve the issue by going to (IMG) 'Project Management' --> 'Define Project Types' --> Selecting/opening (double click) the 'Initiative' type, then going to the 3rd value entry which is Unit.

Currently the entry is 'H', but there's no such unit created in our config, so I just reselected a value for example 'days' from the defined list and saved.

This managed to resolve the issue

Thanks for all the input on this post as thats what lead me to the correct location to isolate the problem.

Much appreciated

Werner

Answers (0)