cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how would i configure Notification Type and its Number Range?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating a notification in QM01.

I could not find any Notification type in dropdown. if i am selecting Q1 standerd type. than it shows me error: "Number range for notification type is not maintain"

So how would i configure Notification Type and its Number Range?

Thank you

NP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you could not find any notification type at configuration, ask your basis team about client copy from client 000.

Make sure that you are customizing at development server.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client having Issue,

When QA Person refuse material at the Middle stage of the production process, than they need reprocess that material form 2nd stage of the process.

How would SAP function help them ! and how would i define or customize Quality notification type for it?

Do you have any idea about it ?

Thank you for answering my previous Question,

And again Thank you in Advance, for this Question's answer.

NP

Former Member
0 Kudos

As My Basis copy notification type from Client 000,

I did, QM01>notification Type: Q1> Enter

But after that it shows me 3 massages, which is stated below:

1.Priority type not maintained for notification category

2. Screen setting for notification type F1 not maintained, copy standard

3.No partner determination procedure is assigned to the object. and than its exit the transaction,

now What should i do? any advise? which other information, do i copy from client 000 to current client?

Thank you

NP

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For first question

What means "middle stage"?

If you are saying the production operation, you can use the notification type 'Q3'(internal problem notification).

For second question

SPRO > Quality Management > Basic Settings > Setting Up Clients > Transfer QM Standard Settings for the Q-Notification (transaction QCCM)

I think this will copy standard settings for quality notification from client 000.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luke,

I will Explain you process in Detail.

in one Production process, we are having 7stages. at the end of the 7th stage. we are getting finish product.

and at the end of the Each stage, we are doing Quality Inspection.

but at the end of the 4th stage, we are having major quality inspection. at that stage (Drying stage), QA Team decide, This Product able to meet all characteristics and Convert in to the powder form. if its rejected from here (Stage 4) than all mixture of liquid added in to Next batch of the production Process from Stage 3 (condensing stage).

So in this case, How would the standard Notification type work? if it not able to work than, how would i customize new notification type and what specification should i follow?

and if possible than can you Explain me Whole work flow for this rework process ? i mean what steps should i follow to complete ths rework?

i am New to QM so not able to describe question Properly, but i am trying my best

Thank you for Answering my all Question.

I belive, you are able to give me answer of this complicated process.

THank you again sir.

NP

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm little confused because you are not saying with SAP term.

Anyway i think you are asking how the quality notification is mapped with rework process.

In SAP most of the rework process are covered by PP module like as rework order, not QM.

Using the quality notification you can define and control the defect and improvement of quality.

So you can use the quality notification (type 'Q3') for defect recording of stage 4 and stock blocking of material batch, etc.

But most of main rework process like as rework order, consumption of semi-finished product should be defined by PP module.

I would suggest you make question for rework process at PP forum.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this,

SPRO > Quality Management > Basic Settings > Setting Up Clients > Transfer QM Standard Settings for the Q-Notification (transaction QCCM)

But i did not get any standard Notification type Q1,Q2 and Q3 etc..

So what should i do now? do you have any further advise.

I post that rework issue on PP forum, as you suggested ?

Thank you

NP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I know the client 000, 001, 066 should be maintained automatically when you install the SAP into server.

Did you ask your basis team about client copy?

Check current status of test client at transaction SCC4 and the protection level should be 'level 0: No restriction'.

If you cannot copy the client from client 000, I would suggest that you ask this at basis forum.

Regards

Luke

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction QCC0 > Quality Notifications > Notification Creation > Notification Type > Define Number Ranges

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for Response

I go through your define path, at this point, i am same blank as before. i tried every button but not get solution, now what should i do? Can you please further Elaborate your answer?

NP