Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall applications servers in EHP installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the installation guide EHP5 for ERP say this:

"Before the downtime [page 80] begins, you uninstall all dialog instances, stop SAP Management Console (MMC) and Software Deployment Manager (SDM), stop jcmon and other standalone monitoring tools. If your central instance and SCS instance run on different hosts, you update SAP kernel and SAP IGS manually [page 81].

But in other text of the same instalation guide say this:

Before the downtime begins, perform the following actions:

1. Stop all dialog instances.

2. Stop SAP MMC now at the latest by closing the MMC application

3. Stop SDM now at the latest by closing the SDM GUI

4. Stop jcmon and all other standalone monitoring tools.

5. If your central instance and SCS instance run on different hosts, update SAP kernel and SAP IGS manually [page 81]."

And the just say:

The installation program asks you to perform the following actions in downtime phase:

You change the database recovery mode.

You start the dialog instances.

As the guide is so confusing, one time say that unistall the AS(Dialog instance) is neccesary, but other times only say that stopping and restarting is enought.

Then my question is:

Need I unistall and re-install my apllication server in the EHP5 installation??

Best Regards,

Manfred

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to uninstall dialog instances. Just stop dialog instance before starting downtime and once downtime will finish, restart the dialog instance. If kernel of dialog instance is different (i.e. sapmnt is not shared between CI and dialog instances) then update the kernel before starting dialog instances.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure about this,

Where I can more information about this topic.

Thanks a lot for your answer

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have done many upgrades and I don't have any issue till now. You can find number of threads on same topic.

Thanks

Sunny