Reinstall applications servers in EHP installation
the installation guide EHP5 for ERP say this:
"Before the downtime [page 80] begins, you uninstall all dialog instances, stop SAP Management Console (MMC) and Software Deployment Manager (SDM), stop jcmon and other standalone monitoring tools. If your central instance and SCS instance run on different hosts, you update SAP kernel and SAP IGS manually [page 81].
But in other text of the same instalation guide say this:
Before the downtime begins, perform the following actions:
1. Stop all dialog instances.
2. Stop SAP MMC now at the latest by closing the MMC application
3. Stop SDM now at the latest by closing the SDM GUI
4. Stop jcmon and all other standalone monitoring tools.
5. If your central instance and SCS instance run on different hosts, update SAP kernel and SAP IGS manually [page 81]."
And the just say:
The installation program asks you to perform the following actions in downtime phase:
You change the database recovery mode.
You start the dialog instances.
As the guide is so confusing, one time say that unistall the AS(Dialog instance) is neccesary, but other times only say that stopping and restarting is enought.
Then my question is:
Need I unistall and re-install my apllication server in the EHP5 installation??