Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSLT Multi Mapping

nicole_bruneau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi. Here is my scenario: eGIS -> PI -> SAP

Asynchronous web service call to PI, which I'd like to split into one of two calls, either an IDoc or an RFC call to SAP, depending on the value of a field being passed from eGIS. I'd like to do this using XSLT mapping, as I already have the mapping for the IDoc call.

Is this possible? I'm running PI 7.0 SP 20.

Thank you.

Nicole

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

This should be simple as said above..

Step 1: Create a message mapping between your source message and target RFC

Step 2: Create an Interface mapping between your source interface and RFC

Step 3: In ID part in the existing Interface Determination 'Add one more Inbound interface(select your RFC)' and select the corresponding Interface mapping created in Step 2. Now save the Interface Determination and you will find a condition editor added for both the 'existing and newly created interface mapping'. specify the respective conditions.

Step 4: Create a Receiver agreement for the RFC.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Zameer

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

nicole_bruneau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a new concern with this scenario.

nicole_bruneau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have one other problem with this scenario.

When I created this interface, I thought I would have one line item per web service call. Now it turns out I can expect multiple line items. Unfortunately, when the condition is met (in any of the line items) it automatically creates the RFC for every line item in the web service call. How do I get it to perform the conditional interface determination for each line item, rather than as a whole?

Thank you.

Nicole

nicole_bruneau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help! Scenario is working great now. I was missing the conditional interface determination.

Thanks, again.

Nicole

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have alredy one XSLT mapping for IDoc, so develop one more message mapping between source to RFC .

Then follow praveen procedure like add condition in Interface determination .

Implementing this kind of requirement in one XSLT mapping program bit difficult.

Regards,

Raj

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Multimapping doesnt work adapters (IDOC, HTTP and XI) which belong to ABAP stack.

For your case, split mapping is enough. Means two mappings and conditional interface determination in ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the information for both document and blog below about multi-mapping on PI

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

and

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible