cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict specific stock type in a storage location.

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I need to restrict certain stock types (unres, blocked, QA) in a storage location.

For example, S001 will not have blocked stock, S002 will not have QA stock.

Is there any config setting for this?

Sorry if this qs is a repeat, but I couldn't find a answer in this forum or elsewhere.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no such restriction available thru customizing.

Assume you put a stock type Q into location QUAL, if you do a transfer posting from Q to unrestricted, do you really always move the material at the very same time? SAP does not require this either. So you could end with having unrestricted stock in QUAL location.

You need to add some coding in a user exit to make this requst happen.

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

We have different Slocs for each stock status (damaged, QA, etc) so wanted to restrict stock types in certain locations.

Coding the check is difficult as postings don't always take place through MIGO but use VL32N, VL02N also(at least).

There doesn't seem to be any common point for all transactions except in the Material Document update task and that is too far in the process to be practical or logical.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear:

maybe you can separate the storage location as you wished (good, bad, in quality check... etc.).

and meantime, restrict the movement types that related to move goods to Quality and block area.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182673
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use authorization objects to achieve this. The authorization object can have stock type and sloc matrix. So in any transaction this matrix doesn't match, then throw an error.

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Ramesh.... thats not a bad idea if that can be done.

I will let this issue rest for the moment but will follow up on Ramesh's suggestions.