cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAD - Data Binding by Navigation in Web Application Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two Analysis Item, u2018Xu2019 and u2018Yu2019, with different Data Providers, u2018DP_Xu2019 and u2018DP_Yu2019.

Analysis Item u2018Xu2019 has the setting u201CData Binding u2013 Affected Data Provideru201D = u2018DP_Y'.

This means that if I make a filter (in the user interface) in Analys Item u2018Xu2019 it will affect Analysis Item u2018Yu2019 as well.

Fine! This works as I wish. But only if the filtered characteristic exists in both Data Providers. But this will NOT work if I make a filter setting on a characteristic that not exists in both Data Providers.

Example:

Analysis Item X and Data Provider DP_X:

Characteristics:

0EMPLOYEE

0JOB

Key Figure:

0AMOUNT

Analysis Item Y and Data Provider DP_Y:

Characteristics:

0EMPLOYEE

Key Figure:

0AMOUNT

If a make a filter for 0JOB it will, off curse, affect the result in Item u2018Xu2019.

But as long the characteristic not exists in u2018DP_Yu2019 it will not affect Item u2018Yu2019. Unfortunate the Queries for the Data Providers are created on different Info Providers so I can´t have 0JOB as free characteristic in the other provider.

My hope is that Data Binding in some way can be created based on navigation. Is it possible? Or do you have any other solution, idea or input to solve this problem?

Best regards

Mikael Karlsson

http://mkarlsson.se

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mikael,

Try to check with the standard action of web template with command prompts.

I am not sure but may be it helps if you use the command settings in the web template parameters.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like to have the same functionality as the RRI (go-to)