cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale Base Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

In pricing we have scales setup by Material Family (material price group) so if you enter three different materials from the same family it accumulates the prices on all three line items and each line item has the same price according to the family scale. But for one sales order type (AUART) the scale needs to be for line item only and not by family. The condition type is ZR00 and the scale basis is C. The requestor does not want to have to setup any master data so that is why I cannot create a new condition just for that sales order type or an additional access by order type. Would like to know if I can do this with a routine or formula and how it would be done.

Thanks,

TRB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It really will not matter how many materials (line items) there is. Basically the scaling does not need to accumulate by family and just needs to be applied to the individual line items for one particular sales order type. Thanks for your input.

TRB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Toni

The logic has to be written based on the summing up of all requirements.

For eg, in your example, you want the third material to behave differently in Quotations. Like that if more materials are there to behave differently in picking up the prices from scales, the option will be to have a bespoke table carrying a possible combination of material pricing group / materials with a key field in the table which decides how the scale base value should be picked up. A logic can be written in such a way that if this key field is on, the scale base value should be picked up different to that of the normal logic which can be coded through ABAP.

I have worked on scales but not exactly to this requirement. My suggestion would be follow this route, if the client is still not convinced on changing the master data. Again this solution will work if the number of materials is not very high because of performance issues in pricing. The logic will depend on number of materials & pricing master data scale value, hence this solution has to be validated according to the requirements. Huge amount of testing will be involved in this for sure.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Nara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nara,

Do you have an example of how to do the routine? I do know it is done with VOFM but it is something that I have not done before nor have I ever done anything with scales before. So anything you could share with me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Toni

You example is very clear. If master data changes are not allowed by the user (including pricing), the better route can be to explore it through routines in Scales.

It also depends on how many materials should behave this way and in what scenario. All business scenarios needs to be captured from business before a solution can be built on this using the routines.

Regards

Nara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an example of what I am looking for::

The scale is set up for material family 2051 and is as follows:

0 - 100 $8.95, 100 - 500 $6.95 and 500 - 1000 $4.95

On the Quote there are 3 line items that are part of this family:

line item 10 material 2051TR13 for 50 eaches price $8.95

then add line 20 for material 2051TR7 for 75 eaches which makes a total of 125 between the two line tiems so now the price for both line items is $6.95 and if I add another line item for another material for 550 eaches then that would be a total of 675 so now the price for each line item would be $4.95. What I want to happenis just for sale order type ZQT (which is a pricing only quotation) is line item 10 and 20 would have a price of $6.95 and line item 30 would have a price of $4.95. Hope this eample will help.

Thanks,

Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Toni

In the condition type, there is a field for Scale formula, you can write a routine in that, I believe. Please check that and revert if it works.

Nara

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

Just check if the condition type has manual changes allowed. If yes you can change the price manually.

If not, then you can change the controls to manual changes has priority in the config.

Try thinking on this..

Let us know if you still have any query.

Regards,

SB.