cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset migration in the middle of year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear freinds,

Our fiscal year is Jan to Dec, We are migrating Assets as of 31st May, 2011.

I have an asset in legacy system capitalized on 01-01-2010.

APC : 3600

Useful life : 3 yrs Straight line method. So depreciation per annum would be 1200.

I AS91, I entered APC value 3600

Accm. Dep 1200

Odr dep 500 (jan to may this year)

When I check in asset explorer this 500 is showing as legacy dep in posted dep, Is this 500 will be posted when I run AFAB for June or like APC and Accum.Dep, Do I need to update balances?

Thanks,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Balajiblessed

about you question

"When I check in asset explorer this 500 is showing as legacy dep in posted dep, Is this 500 will be posted when I run AFAB for June or like APC and Accum.Dep, Do I need to update balances?"

Not this $500 will not post in your next AFAB runing because you enter in the Takeover data. and if you are runing AFAB on montly basis , that mean you will run the next $100 of the month., that's sum $600

and by the time you run the first AFAB in goo live , you must adjust you Balance account before with the real Balance Take over data.

I'm agree with YL

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The $500 will not be posted in period 6 depreciation run and you do not need to post unplanned depre for this amount. Only those with status "Planned" will be posted during depre run.

The total for unplanned plus the legacy data transfer of $500 should add up to $1200.

Regards

YL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram & YL,

Thanks for the response.

If that 500 dep for this year is not part of palnned or unplanned then I need to uplaod total 1700 Accum dep and 5 dep exepense right. Otherwise books are not balance.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The accum dep amount should reflect the balance as at beginning of the takeover fiscal year, i.e $1200. The ord dep posted should reflect the depre expense posted to P&L, i.e $500. SAP will add the 2 values to reconcile to g/l balance of $1700.

You can execute ABST2 to check reconciliation between FAA and GL.

Regards

YL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is correct. You wil need to post 1700 to Acc dep and 500 to Dep for the year.

However if you are taking on the trial balance with retained earnings as on 31st may 2011 then this 500 will have to be adjusted as part of that.

vikram_katyal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to post unplanned depreciation for the Five months in the current fiscal year and depreciation upto 31 december you have enter in the Takeover data.

So that you will get the correct depreciation values.

Regards

Vikram