cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Project Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BPC Experts,

I recently started by BPC training & is about to finish the same in next week. Now before I start taking interview calls, I want to know how BPC project are structured.

1 u2013 What kind of different people are involved in the project i.e composition of BPC team?

2 u2013 What are the different steps involved in BPC project (with more focus on the initial steps).

3 u2013 What is the average duration of the project? I know it depends on the companyu2019s size. But a average time will help me to plan for relocation.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 u2013 What kind of different people are involved in the project i.e composition of BPC team?

2 u2013 What are the different steps involved in BPC project (with more focus on the initial steps).

3 u2013 What is the average duration of the project? I know it depends on the companyu2019s size. But a average time will help me to plan for relocation.

Regards,

Rahul

==========================================================================

Hi Rahul,

Pretty sure there is no right answer since the question is too comprehensive. Let me just tell you what I did in KPMG.

1. We have divided two business areas as BC(Business Consolidation) & BP(Business Planning). And each team compose of business Logic, technology. The business people of BC should be aware of Consolidation based IFRS, and in case of BP, it is strongly recommended having a domain knowledgy for financial planning(especially sales/expense). Part of technology, it is basic to understand business, what is the consolidation and planning, strongly recommend to understand the term and process. Since it directly link the ability of making process in BPC with script logic and business rule. Therefore it is mandatory to have the ability of script logic and business rule. Since the technology people need to work with IT dept. of customer, it is also needed to have a domain knowledgy for general IT, now a days, it is strongly recommended to know the vitualization and clouding. And the last, PM is needed. ^^

2. Most biggest difference is that the skill sets for the technology part, since it is related with Excel, BPC and DB, all different language is required. You may need to explain a lot of difference of tech. to your customer. It is almost same that many customer does not know the differentiation between OLTP and OLAP.

3. It really depends on the size of customer. We think it takes 3(design)-4(implement) months for the consolidation, and 3(design)-3(implement) for the planning. If you have well defined contents just like IFRS starter kit, you can reduce the period of project.

Since you asked this to MS, all above is only for MS. If you also need to comprise NW version, the opinion slightly difference for both of business and technology. ^^

Again, this is not GENERAL(no one actually can tell you what the GENERAL is), just for your information.

Regards,

YH Seo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YH Seo,

Thanks you very much for your reply.

Regards,.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YH Seo,

Thanks you very much for your reply.