cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP R/3 much compable on Backend databse Oracle/SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are going to start SAP R/3 new dimensional products implementation. Client wanted to know that which backend databse is very much compatable for SAP.

If some one have much idea on that can please help different comparisions on SAP On Oracle / SQL .

Thanks

kristene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kristene,

I cannot explicitly recommend any database over others, but since I work with MAXDB, I thought I can give you knowledge on its features.

MAXDB (i.e. SAPDB) is very easy to administer, requires no reorganization, and is quite easy to learn (especially by those who have worked with other databases). There are also SAP classes you can take to learn more about MAXDB.

It has all the technical features needed by an SAP database (ACID-compliant, supports transactions, views, triggers, procedures), works with external backup tools, etc. SAP contributes significant development efforts towards MAXDB. Support for SAP customers is provided by SAP like any other SAP product. MAXDB has a full set of administration tools, and is also integrated into the SAP CCMS monitors.

As others have mentioned, it is also the least expensive database for SAP to run on, because of lower license and maintenance fees.

For more info, please see https://service.sap.com/maxdb --> on the LHS menu, click on 'MaxDB' --> 'MaxDB/SAP DB Customers' for a list of helpful documents.

Please let me know if you've any questions about MAXDB.

Thanks,

Ashwath Kakhandiki

MAXDB/liveCache Solution Developer -- SAP Labs

Former Member
0 Kudos

well,

SAP is offered on several different databases (MS-SQL, MAXDB (SAPDB), DB6, Oracle). All of them are released from SAP for their products, SAP itself is using all of them internally in production and development systems, all of them are compatible to SAP.

maybe MS-SQL is easier to administrate and because of coming from Microsoft maybe better adopted to Windows, Oracle has more possibilities in tuning and less easy to administrate, MAXDB is open source... and and and.

Often the question of available admin skills on a database is more important than the last

Peter