cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization role - Purchase Order by Material Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I would like to create an authorization role where he could limit the creation of purchase orders by material groups. However, I checked all the authorization and noticed that at the level of purchases there is no authorization that allows me to such behavior. Is there any way to limit the creation of purchase orders for material group, that is, I have two material groups, and intend to have a function that only allows me to create purchase orders with materials of material group X and another function that only allow me to create purchase orders with materials of material group Y.

To limit the creation of material master by material group I used authorization:

Materials Management: Master Data MM_G

Material Master: Material Groups M_MATE_WGR

There exist any authorization to use for Materials Management: Purchasing - MM_E that allows me to limit the purchase orders by materials group?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

José Pereira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is not such Authorisation Object in Standard SAP which will control the PO creation/change/display based on Material Groups.

You need to create a Z-Authorisation object in T-code SU21 under Object Class MM_E and then same to be added for T-Codes ME21N/ME22N/ME23N.

And then you need to call user exit or BAdi (ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST) and call this object with help of ABAPer.

Answers (0)