cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Sender not polling Data (Channel in Green Status)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing an issue in production XI system where in JDBC sender channel is not polling any data from the table. Business and DB technical guy confirmed that there is new data which matches select query of XI JDBC sender channel. However XI jdbc channel is not able to poll any data.

The channel is in green status for all server nodes. But no log (as polling) in communication channel monitoring. We tried the following.

1. general JDBC locks in VA (But no JDBC locks)

2. stopped and started the channel, but no luck

3. deactivated and reactivated the JDBC channel in ID.

DB system: Oracle (not sure about version)

SAP PI 7.0 service pack 21

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have u copied the sql statement mentioned in JDBC adapter and run it through toad and checked the result.

can u try to use select statement which select particular record and update some details in JDBC adapter- the idea is to just check whether records are ready by JDBC comm or not.

chirag.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

Thanks for quick reply. Unfortunately, I dont have access to the DB with TOAD or native SQL client as I dont have credentials. But as I mentioned earlier, DB technical guy confirmed this by testing the same using native SQL client.

Any other thoughts...

- Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check DBSession in DB Administration:

- If there are locked sessions for your system/user

- If there are free sessions to use for connection from your system/user

Then, try to do a dummy change in Jdbc CC and reactivate it.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>If there are locked sessions for your system/user

I will check with DB guy and update you.

- Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u check the user authorization.

also check all the configuration parameter and confirm with them JDBC driver and connection.

I dont remember now but u have to increase JDBC session from netweaver admin...can u check that too....

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Jun 14, 2011 9:07 PM

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Jun 14, 2011 9:09 PM

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies. I found this is to be a weird issue. I created copy of this channel and attached to sender aggrement (by deactivating old channel). And now it is able to pool the data from the DB table.

Dont know the reason behind this. This interface has been in place for along time and running fine. May SAP team has to find this core level service issue.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just Few cents....

a) Test the sql query using toad or other tools to confirm that whether data is available or not.

b) Go to sender jdbc adapter and go to advanced tab. add the following parameter

logSQLStatment and value true. This will help log tracing.

c) Reactivate the channel and do restart again.

d) Check with database guys whether password is changed recently for some security reasons. IF so try with the latest login credentials. This could be problem too.

Hope that helps.