cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the definition for variable creation in report painter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

How/where I can find information about the variable created in basis key figure in the report painter?

What is the mean for basis key figure and variable (set variable on/off check ) in the basis key figure?

Please advice.

thank you.

Regards,

Karen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont quite understand your question very well, but to see the variables created for report painter use the transaction GS13. To modify a variable use GS12 and to create a new variable use GS11. This transaction is useful in case you need to create a formula variable type.

Regards,

David Z.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Refer to my question what I am trying to do as follow question:

I would like to display the column text with fiscal year which is input from the selection screen for report painter.

Kindly advice is it possible to include the variable to the column text in report painter and how/what is the step?

Please help.

Thank you.

Regards,

KH

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible, on the column text include the variable used in selection screen and prefix it with and ampersand, for e.g. &1GJAHLJ where 1GJAHLJ is the fiscal year variable.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This this input variable 1GJAHLJ where 1GJAHLJ is the fiscal year variable is insert element as formula text coloumn as &1GJAHLJ so that it able to display the input fiscal year in the text column?

Could you advice which element type should I put the &1GJAHLJ as I try to insert the text column with the element type the system promt error.

May I Know normally which is the SAP library and the variable should refer with regards to the period ,fiscal year ,version of plan ?

Please advice.

Many thanks.

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

On the column header double click > then include the fiscal year variable from corresponding table CCSS in this example in order to output fiscal year value using the method mentioned in my previous message.

For relevant report library, refer link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/66/bc7ce443c211d182b30000e829fbfe/content.htm

Have a nice weekend.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

Thank you for the helpful information.

Finally I have manage to display the variable fiscal in the column text with input field.

1)Do you have any ideas why the report painter able to display the information i.e plan budget 2011 without define variable in the column selected characteristic but the input selection show the fiscal year for input ?

2) Do you have any ideas how to auto display the column text and data with plan budget 2012 which the report painter able to display according i.e when enter 2011 the system able to determined FY 2012 is refer to version 6 and FY 2011 is refer to version 5 and will display the column with FY2012 and FY2011 according to the version without input version from the selection screen in the same report?

Please help

Many thanks.

KH

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For input selection, it can be enabled as optional selection input using menu item "Edit" > "Gen. Data Selection" in report painter.

As for display data for other fiscal year, similarly on the column text specify the variable for fiscal year + 1, also include a version variable and input a 6 for version six.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt reply, it is possible to auto/without input selection version 6 to display the plan data fiscal year 2012 when user enter fiscal year 2011from the inpurt selection for fiscal year 2011?

For your information, my company setup the plan data as each version for each fiscal year i.e FY 2011 for version 5 and FY 2012 for version 6.

Please help.

Many thanks.

KH

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is possible. Note that on the column text, the corresponding version and year variable for e.g. fiscal year+1 must be specified explicitly.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chinks ,

My question is how to display the plan data for fiscal year 2012 with the version 6 without explicit/hard code to input version 6 when user just only key in the fiscal year 2011?Any method or variable can be done in report painter which do not appear in the input screen?And How ?

I have try include the variable for version in the column but it appear in the selection input screen where i do not want the version to be appear in the selection input screen where everytime need to remember which version.

I also have try to include the version in the column without variable and I need to key in the value version 6 which this is hard coded where I can't analyst for plan data for budget 2011 where it required me every time need to change the value in report painter for version 5 in order to be able to view the plan data for budget 2012.

Please help.

Many thanks.

KH

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Each version has to be specified in this case in order to output data of different version on the report be it hard coded or from input selection.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any ideas to display the plan data for fiscal year 2011 and plan data for fiscal year 2012 in the same report painter with only input selection FY2011 ?

While for the column plan data for fiscal year 2012 can I use variable to generate but does not appear as input selection for version field as auto calculate version + 1 when user input 2011 to display plan data 2012.?

Please advice.

Thanks

KH

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no auto-calculate version it has to be input as mentioned in my previous message. As for year 2012 there may be an existing variables e.g. fiscalyear+1 available to be used.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) It is posible to define my own variable version= FFVERSN + 1 and inserted as selected characteristic without input selection screen for version but just by identify fiscal year from the input selection screen?

2) what is the difference between set and variable?when to use set?

3)Any ideal what is the existing variables e.g. fiscalyear+1 available to be used can be use for report painter?

4) Current i am using user-defined reports in Overhead Cost Controlling, also use table RWCOOM.

When to use table CCSS and table RWCOOM.

5)What mean user-defined reports in Overhead Cost Controlling, it is mean this report and table RWCOOM is for us to use to create report painter?

Please advice

Many thanks.

KH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If your Variable is Z1, write &$Z1 or &Z1 in the column text i.e. Short text/Medium text etc for the column must be &$Z1 or &Z1

create the text variable as &$Z1 (Z1 is just an example for a short name)

- go to "extras"> "variables"> "variables definition"

- double-click on your text variable

- choose radio-button "Automaticalle"

- choose the characteristic whose value you want the text variable to display

- choose "display text"

- choose the length needed

br,Ajay M