Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info View : WIS 10901 error (CS) "DBDriver failed to load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Business Objects.

I have installed Buisness Objects Edge Series 3.1 on a Win XP server.

I have sucessfully managed to create an Oracle Client connection in Designer (Oracle 10 client is installed on the machine) , I have opened a Universe file and exported this Universe (this was created by someone else who has now left the company, the connection may have been a jdbc connection). During the export, Designer changed the old connection to my new one (Oracle client) .

I can see the Universe properly.

When I go into Info view and try to create a new Web Intelligence document, I get the following error when I try and run a simple query on 2 fields.

A database error occured. The database error text is: (CS) "DBDriver failed to load : C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\dbd_oci.dll (The specified module could not be found.

)" . (WIS 10901)

I must be missing something in my configuration... or could Info View try to use a different type of connection that Oracle client?

Some guidance would be appreciated

Rgds

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I hadn't restarted the machine since I installed both Business Objects and Oracle.

After restart, InfoView work properly now

Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the future, you could also try just restarting the WebI job server, sometimes it needs a restart to clear out (although XI 3+ is now supposed to handle this for you.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice

Rgds

Philippe