cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Get Data Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

The basic issue is workbook is not retrieving the data back from the cube.we want to know how to check like why it is not retrieving data .

Is their any settings for this in back end, how to check and any procedure to find out?

There are two formulas here BEx Get Data and BEx Set Data.

BEx Set Data is used to push the data into the cube from workbook.

Bex Get Data is for getting the data from cube into workbook.

so when users enter some values ,it is going into the real time cube in the backend but next time when user cums into the workbook he is not finding the last inputted data.it is supposed to go to the cube and then cum to workbook again because next time when user enters the workbook he should see last inputted data.when he enters some values in cube and saving it ,it is going into the cube but it is not coming back to workbook again.

Can anyone throw some light on how should I proceesd and find where the issue is. I want to know the Flow from Workbook using BEx Get Data , how does this formula interact with BI REal Time Cube.

Regards,

Ak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what do you mean by these.

Is their any settings for this in back end, how to check and any procedure to find out?

There are two formulas here BEx Get Data and BEx Set Data.

BEx Set Data is used to push the data into the cube from workbook.

Bex Get Data is for getting the data from cube into workbook.

Are you trying to write data back into cube through input ready Query? Are you using Web or BEx analyzer?

could you please provide more details on your requirements..

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

We are using BEx Analyzer.Yes , it is a Input ready Query. Now, we input data into the query and goes into the backend and saved in a cube. But, next time , when we open the workbook,we are not finding the last inputted data. This means, it is not retrieving the data back from the cube into the workbook. So, I am just thinking where could be the issue?

Regards,

Ak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Are you able to see the "Save Values" or "Transfer Values" on the context menu? I mean when you right click on your query output area ,a small pop up menu will appear. On that you should see these on screen. Hope you have all the characteristics that are define in the aggregation level which form a unique combination. If you don't get the "save values" then you need to investigate your Input ready query.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Balaji

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you set your workbook to refresh the data when opening?

regards

Cornelia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any idea on this issue?

Thanks,

Ak