Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

FPM Error message not working during Popup window

I've created an application configuration of HRTMC_EMPLOYEE_PROFILE, and included my own Web Dynpro component on one of the tabs. This component allows a new record to be added via a popup window. Within the popup, I have a From and To date, and want to validate that the From date is not after the To date. When this occurs, I issue an error message to stop the processing. The following code is contained in the ONACTIONOK event handler for the OK button in the popup:

lr_api = wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

* Navigate from <CONTEXT> to <EDIT_TRAINING> via lead selection
  lo_nd_edit_training = wd_context->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_edit_training ).
  lo_el_edit_training = lo_nd_edit_training->get_element( ).

* Get all declared attributes of edited record
      static_attributes = ls_edit_training ).

IF ls_edit_training-begda > ls_edit_training-endda.

CALL METHOD lr_api->get_message_manager
        message_manager = lo_message_manager.

*   Report message
    CALL METHOD lo_message_manager->report_t100_message
        msgid = 'HRTMC_BASIS'
        msgno = 100
        msgty = 'E'.

However this does not result in an error message, and processing returns to the parent screen. I can't see what is wrong, particularly as (as far as I can see!) everything is identical to a standard component HRTMC_TP_WORKEXP_EXTERNAL which has similar processing. I know that for checking mandatory fields in a popup, you have to call cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>check_mandatory_attr_on_view - is there something similar for issuing messages within a popup?

A second problem I have is that I can't see where the FPM tab descriptions are being set. Within the application configuration I have entered my own descriptions, but these are being overridden at runtime.

Thanks in advance,

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question