Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

FPM Error message not working during Popup window

Hi,

I've created an application configuration of HRTMC_EMPLOYEE_PROFILE, and included my own Web Dynpro component on one of the tabs. This component allows a new record to be added via a popup window. Within the popup, I have a From and To date, and want to validate that the From date is not after the To date. When this occurs, I issue an error message to stop the processing. The following code is contained in the ONACTIONOK event handler for the OK button in the popup:

lr_api = wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

* Navigate from <CONTEXT> to <EDIT_TRAINING> via lead selection
  lo_nd_edit_training = wd_context->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_edit_training ).
  lo_el_edit_training = lo_nd_edit_training->get_element( ).

* Get all declared attributes of edited record
  lo_el_edit_training->get_static_attributes(
    IMPORTING
      static_attributes = ls_edit_training ).

IF ls_edit_training-begda > ls_edit_training-endda.

CALL METHOD lr_api->get_message_manager
      RECEIVING
        message_manager = lo_message_manager.

*   Report message
    CALL METHOD lo_message_manager->report_t100_message
      EXPORTING
        msgid = 'HRTMC_BASIS'
        msgno = 100
        msgty = 'E'.
  ENDIF.

However this does not result in an error message, and processing returns to the parent screen. I can't see what is wrong, particularly as (as far as I can see!) everything is identical to a standard component HRTMC_TP_WORKEXP_EXTERNAL which has similar processing. I know that for checking mandatory fields in a popup, you have to call cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>check_mandatory_attr_on_view - is there something similar for issuing messages within a popup?

A second problem I have is that I can't see where the FPM tab descriptions are being set. Within the application configuration I have entered my own descriptions, but these are being overridden at runtime.

Thanks in advance,

Vindaloo

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question