cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using SAP 8.8. I wanted to change some eprmissions for users who have FULL Authorizations but should not. When go into the system initialization menu where is user is assigned there proper permissions, all the users with FULL acess are grayed out and I cannot make any changes to them. Any user with some various permission is allowing me to make changes and are not grayed out. Can someone tell me how to change the permissons or to figure out why they are grayed out?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica......

Go to Administration> Set up> General--> Users.

Open the User to whoch you want to give limited Access that is professional user.

Then he must be having Super User Ticked.

So untick it and then update the same user.

Then go to Administration> System Initialization> Authorisations> General Authorizations> Select the user on LHS and now you can change the authorisations.......

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a few users that are greyed out...not just one user. So if there is only one super user then this is not the case. We have a few grayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just started using the system. I need certain individuals to have a pro license, however not full permissions on everything. I need to be able to remove some permissions. Do I have to change them from being a super user? If so how do I do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

If you want to make them only Professional user right...

Then goto Administration->setup->General->Users.

one window will open,Select the appropriate user in that window

In that, you can 'untick' the 'Super User' for them and update it...

so that they will work as 'Professional user' and you can also set authorisation for them.

Note:The above steps can only be performed when you login as "Super user"

Edited by: kambadasan on Jun 14, 2011 8:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

If the authorisation is greyed out for the particular user,then he is the 'Super User'....

They have full access by default,You cannot set any authorisation for that...

normally,this id will be given to high level people of the company to have full control over the system...

Kindly revert me for any clarifications....

Edited by: kambadasan on Jun 14, 2011 8:38 PM